21-06-2004, 21:37
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Age: 41
Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Posts: 3,214
|
Re: What would you do?
i'd just say in my bluntness... "who's your friend over at the bar then?"
and leave it at that  if she wants to elaborate you don't put any pressure on her then
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 21:39
|
#17
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: What would you do?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
i'd just say in my bluntness... "who's your friend over at the bar then?"
and leave it at that  if she wants to elaborate you don't put any pressure on her then
|
She could say something like "Oh that's Jim, some guy I used to know"....and of course it would eat away at you to know how she knew him
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 21:44
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bracknell
Age: 56
Services: NTL Telephone
3M Broadband - CM
Sky TV
Posts: 1,246
|
Re: What would you do?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Russ D
She could say something like "Oh that's Jim, some guy I used to know"....and of course it would eat away at you to know how she knew him 
|
You should never let little things like that eat away at you ...
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 21:44
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Age: 41
Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Posts: 3,214
|
Re: What would you do?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Russ D
She could say something like "Oh that's Jim, some guy I used to know"....and of course it would eat away at you to know how she knew him 
|
curiosity killed the cat
you leave all the awkward questions like that until a bit later on, when you had been on more than a few dates and want to know more about her and so on
*draws from his vast wealth of social experiences  *
saying it's a hypothetical situation, i wonder.......
i'm sure you know as well as i how hypothetical situations are often the same as "my brother's best mate's girlfriend's uncle has this embarassing problem..." etc etc
not that i'm suggesting anything by the way
anyway yes, leave her past out of it until you know the wee girl better
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 22:03
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
Re: What would you do?
Why would it bother you?
I know some people who deal, doesn't mean that I'm involved in those activities.
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 22:07
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: What would you do?
It's just a hypothetical question. I don't even know why I posted it, all I know is I had to post it
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 22:12
|
#22
|
|
RIP
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leicester
Posts: 818
|
Re: What would you do?
If you know her well enough to consider making a go of it then the chances are that if she's using then there might just be something niggling at the back of your mind that is reinforced by this meeting. If thats whats happening here then you gotta be casual and ask how she knows him.
Personally though I'm with Bex and Debsy on this one, just cos she knows someone a bit colourful doesn't mean she is herself. I know several folks with records for a range of offences, but it doesn't stop me greeting them when I'm out.
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 22:38
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: What would you do?
I would have just said: "He's a dealer isn't he? How do you know him? "
.......Mandy always says that I am far too blunt
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 22:49
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South
Posts: 1,520
|
Re: What would you do?
Well myself go for the direct approach.
Ask her how well she knows him and see if you can get mates rates.
If you can score 1/8th ounce of Skunk/Hash for under £15 then you have a bargain and enjoy.
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 01:14
|
#25
|
|
Guest
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
|
Re: What would you do?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by carlingman
Well myself go for the direct approach.
Ask her how well she knows him and see if you can get mates rates.
If you can score 1/8th ounce of Skunk/Hash for under £15 then you have a bargain and enjoy.

|
Na man, better to buy by the 9 bar. Makes more sense financially.
Oops, did I just say that out loud. LOL.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:31.
|