What toys can't you live without?
19-06-2004, 16:38
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bugblatter
|
Philistine! Actually it's not a real record, it's a digitally time encoded disc for playing MP3's from my HDD.
|
|
|
19-06-2004, 17:20
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by iadom
The Cooker
The Washer
The Central heating
Edit: Just noticed how I put "The" instead of "My" , that's what many years of wedlock does to you, you cannot imagine the grief you can get if you call the most simple of items "Mine" 
|
I call those thing the Wife!!!
If I had to select some toys:
PC & 21" LCD monitor
Golf Clubs, Balls, Shoes, Waterproofs, Brolley & Membership Card
Lego (Just kidding)
|
|
|
19-06-2004, 18:44
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
MY dishwasher (as the kids just don't treat it with due respect!)
My car
My mini disc/radio
My pressure washer (when I get the hang of it) 
My mobile phone (but not the bills that go with it) 
My hair dryer and straighteners (well I am a woman!!)
(Can't put the man as he's not a toy as such but couldn't do without him all the same!)
|
|
|
19-06-2004, 19:40
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex
Age: 38
Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q)
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Landline
Posts: 8,851
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Ok:
My computer
PS2
Ipod
|
|
|
19-06-2004, 21:37
|
#20
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Well, here's my toy list:
My Computer (lovely Athlon 2GHz thing in a dark grey case with black keyboard and mouse and a black/silver LCD, no beige here)..
My (Work's actually) iBook. Like a PC laptop, only far sexier... (  )
My iPod (need tunes man).
Mains electricity for the above (OK, so Electricity certainly isn't a toy, but I would need it).
My Dogs (one Westie, one Yorkie and both actually considered toy dogs by the Kennel club, as are all small dogs)
My Cat (certainly not a toy).
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:24
|
#21
|
|
Guest
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
My Browning Auto 5 semi-automatic 12 gague shotgun. (Kept in the local police station during the day, by the way).
My Browning Hi-Power, 9x19mm para. (For personal protection).
Come Last quarter of the year I hope to have new toys including.........
Colt M-4 (not the carbine version).
Unknown sidearm, but prolly an M-9 Baretta.
Body Armour.
And most importantly................... Oakley Blades. The best shades in the world.
|
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:28
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chimaera
My hair dryer and straighteners (well I am a woman!!) 
|
Couldn't agree more, actually was a factor about going to Glastonbury cos I couldn't take them with me
Couldn't live without my laptop, it's my baby and also my Golf (when it doesn't brake down)
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:28
|
#23
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chimaera
<snip> (well I am a woman!!)  <snip>
|
Noo, Really??  :p
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:30
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
My Browning Auto 5 semi-automatic 12 gague shotgun. (Kept in the local police station during the day, by the way).
My Browning Hi-Power, 9x19mm para. (For personal protection).
Come Last quarter of the year I hope to have new toys including.........
Colt M-4 (not the carbine version).
Unknown sidearm, but prolly an M-9 Baretta.
Body Armour.
And most importantly................... Oakley Blades. The best shades in the world.
|
Going into Iraq I'd want those with me too!
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:43
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Xaccers
Going into Iraq I'd want those with me too!
|
He's not going and thats the end of it
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:53
|
#26
|
|
Guest
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Couldn't agree more, actually was a factor about going to Glastonbury cos I couldn't take them with me 
|
You know, you can buy a 'travel' version of this 'toy'.
And what do you mean I'm not going and thats final.
|
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 00:00
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
|
Well in the last couple of days I've seen that poor American fella get beheaded and some Korean fella tonight begging and pleading for his life. Kidnappings going on left, right and centre, nowheres safe and Westerns are seen as a good target. Please don't go cos I'll be fretting like mad and no amount of money is worth the risk. In fact I'm telling you NOT to go !!!
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 00:10
|
#28
|
|
Guest
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Well in the last couple of days I've seen that poor American fella get beheaded and some Korean fella tonight begging and pleading for his life. Kidnappings going on left, right and centre, nowheres safe and Westerns are seen as a good target. Please don't go cos I'll be fretting like mad and no amount of money is worth the risk. In fact I'm telling you NOT to go !!!
|
no wonder you have a twix
|
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 07:40
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
My Browning Auto 5 semi-automatic 12 gague shotgun. (Kept in the local police station during the day, by the way).
My Browning Hi-Power, 9x19mm para. (For personal protection).
Come Last quarter of the year I hope to have new toys including.........
Colt M-4 (not the carbine version).
Unknown sidearm, but prolly an M-9 Baretta.
Body Armour.
And most importantly................... Oakley Blades. The best shades in the world.
|
You consider firearms toys? Ever considered moving to Texas?
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 09:28
|
#30
|
|
Guest
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
|
Re: What toys can't you live without?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bifta
You consider firearms toys? Ever considered moving to Texas?
|
Not toys in the sense of the lego and actionmen I owned as a kid. But in a similar way to how a lot of people see their car/ puter/ decks. I suppose my long exposure to firearms, both as a child and an adult (.22 air-rifles and shotguns on the family farm, upto pistols and 155mm guns in the army). I just dont see a firearm as anything other than a (bloody dangerous) mechanical device.
As for me moving to Texas......................
There is a clocktower in Belfast (Albert Clock), and plenty of bookshops.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:30.
|