Someone tell me how to make tea please
16-06-2004, 11:45
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 567
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by towny
I would never put water in after milk - presumably by 'water after milk' you're talking about making the tea in the mug? If I do make it in a mug, I put water on the tea bag then put the milk in afterwards, as it is harder to brew tea in milky water.
|
what i do is pour 3-4cm of milk into a large mug (>330ml).
I then put the teabag in and add 2 teaspoon of sugar (caster is better than granulated IMO).
I then add v hot water, so it fills it nearly to the top.
And i stir it till its a cream colour.
If i put the bag in first then the sugar and water then milk, i add too much water and then theres just too much flavour off the bags and it comes out storng as theres no much room for the milk. by adding milk in im leaving a buffer for it, so it doesnt overflow
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 11:47
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex
Age: 43
Services: 80/20Mbps FTTC on Freeola
Posts: 871
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
http://www.djmiles.co.uk/ and click on the 'milk first or not' results.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 11:50
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 567
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
 see people with taste lol
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 11:56
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
It's amazing how the simplest of topics can provoke the strongest of viewpoints.
I bet Halcyon is more confused than ever as to the best way of making tea.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:02
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 567
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Out of curiosity to those people who got an engineer around to install their broadband or dialup, what drink did you make for them?
i offered to make tea, but he prefered a cold drink. So i gave him the only cold drink i had, my own cherry coke
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:02
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Plonking
At last! someone who agrees with my style of making tea!  my whole family put the milk in first, followed by the water, but that makes it go all weird! and it is indeed easier to balance the amount of milk you need if you do it afer
this thread has got very random now, perhaps we should start another on 'how to do shoelaces'  haha , well maybe...
|
Now see, I've never had curdled milk in 25 years or so of making tea this way, and just to prove a point I made a cup of tea my way and in the pot for my mrs and her sister too with the milk in last, they both tasted identical, apart from theirs being completely the wrong shade of brown.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:14
|
#37
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Maybe I should call an NTL engineer out to help me make a cup of tea. ;-)
I never knew my topic would cause a huge clan of MIB's (Milk in before) and MIA's (Milk in after) groups. lol
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:15
|
#38
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bifta
Now see, I've never had curdled milk in 25 years or so of making tea this way, and just to prove a point I made a cup of tea my way and in the pot for my mrs and her sister too with the milk in last, they both tasted identical, apart from theirs being completely the wrong shade of brown.
|
when i said curdled i didnt mean all lumpy, i was more meaning slightly soured.
my Mrs makes tea and drinks it and never notices, i drink tea from the same pot made in the same way and using the same milk and will tell her on occassion, "that milk has soured didnt you notice it?" (she puts the milk in first) and she will say "no, tasted fine to me" so maybe some of it is down to sensitivity of taste.
|
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:17
|
#39
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Maybe I should call an NTL engineer out to help me make a cup of tea. ;-)
|
haha i wouldnt wait for the tea, but you would get it SOON
|
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:28
|
#40
|
|
In the corner, sulking.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire.
Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
Posts: 8,041
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
At least he asked for, or accepted your offer of a brew. After over 35 years as a service engineer I have become something of a connoisseur of peoples skills in this department. If I go into a house that looks a bit iffy then even if I am parched I will politely refuse saying "no thanks I have just had one". I have drunk, or sometimes surreptitiously poured down the sink some absolutely awful conncoctions in my time.
I am a milk second person, I can judge the colour better that way.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:52
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Age: 41
Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Posts: 3,214
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
you are all monsters. the correct way is this of course:
1) boil kettle
2) find a clean cup
3) put teabag in cup
4) put 2 sugars in
5) pour hot water over the teabag and sugar
6) mush it about a bit until it goes a dark brown colour and all the sugar is dissolved
7) take teabag out with spoon, burn your fingers by squeezing the extra tea-ness out of it
8) throw teabag at bin and miss, so you have a brown splodge to clear off the floor later
9) stir again
10) put spoon back in drawer without washing so it goes all sticky
11) drink
all you people who put milk in your tea have something wring with you...
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:55
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 4,984
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
you are all monsters. the correct way is this of course:
1) boil kettle
2) find a clean cup
3) put teabag in cup
4) put 2 sugars in
5) pour hot water over the teabag and sugar
6) mush it about a bit until it goes a dark brown colour and all the sugar is dissolved
7) take teabag out with spoon, burn your fingers by squeezing the extra tea-ness out of it
8) throw teabag at bin and miss, so you have a brown splodge to clear off the floor later
9) stir again
10) put spoon back in drawer without washing so it goes all sticky
11) drink
all you people who put milk in your tea have something wring with you... 
|
Ahhh memories - the good old student method of making tea.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 12:57
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
You need knives to make tea  I've been doing it wrong all these years. 
|
Naaah - you just need to use a really sharp spoon
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 13:00
|
#44
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: England
Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
Posts: 3,732
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Doesn't anyone get the feeling that they have been had?
I mean, why on earth would someone who does not know how to make Tea have loose Tea & a strainer in the house?
How old would this Tea be? it does have a shelf life you know.
Surely a novice Tea maker would have started out with Teabags?
__________________
Not really visiting CF much these days....
If you need me, PM me.
|
|
|
16-06-2004, 13:02
|
#45
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Someone tell me how to make tea please
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
all you people who put milk in your tea have something wring with you...
|
I like to have a little milk, with black tea (not with green), as I don't like the sensation of my teeth feeling 'furry' which no milk seems to cause.
One thing I can't stand is using UHT or sterilised milk in tea, the 'caramel' flavour is too noticeable.
- and i'm in the 'milk after mob'
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39.
|