Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
20-07-2010, 13:56
|
#2296
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki
Why should they be free??
Like I said earlier at least Virgin are being upfront this time about the charge for HD instead of hiding the extra charge for the hd channels in the price of a subscription like normal
|
The only for Virgin to offer Sky Sports HD or Sky Movies HD for free was to put everyones prices up by £7.
But I think Virgin has pick the right one by asking viewers to pay extra if they want them.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:56
|
#2297
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki
Why should they be free??
|
Because a big benefit of Virgin Media over Sky (which virgin have heavily advertised as a feature) is free HD channels.
If Virgin change that, then they falsely advertised a feature. The Premium channels in HD is a different matter.
What i can't understand is why some Virgin Media customers are asking for something that was free (non premium HD chanels) to be charged for! Is it April 1st?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:57
|
#2298
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
My Virgin insider has told me today that all Sky Basic HD Channels (The one that Virgin will carry) will be in the XL Package from launch - no launch date was given.
|
Quote:
Basic HD Channels (available for no extra monthly fee)
M: BBC HD, ITV1 HD, 4 HD, FIVE HD
M+: add Film 4HD
XL: add ESPN HD, FX HD, MTV Networks HD, National Geographic HD
LIVING HD, E4 HD, SyFy HD, Discovery HD, Eurosport HD
And coming soon: Sky 1HD, Sky Arts HD and more!
|
http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...279&highlight=
Pretty much confirms that XL customers will continue to get HD channels for no extra monthly fee. It is just the Sky Sports/Movies HD channels that require an extra monthly fee.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 13:57
|
#2299
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wolverhampton
Age: 49
Services: Sky hd
Posts: 191
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
ordered my hd pack on 1 box only
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:00
|
#2300
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE1
ordered my hd pack on 1 box only
|
For sports or movies aswell? - I may pay £7 for just 2 HD channels I dont know yet.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:02
|
#2301
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wolverhampton
Age: 49
Services: Sky hd
Posts: 191
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
For sports or movies aswell? - I may pay £7 for just 2 HD channels I dont know yet.
|
for both im on vip i dont think its worth it for 2 channels but not bad for 12
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:04
|
#2302
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Look what you lot have done now, all this discussion of Sky has caused Google Adwords to start advertising Sky at the top
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:05
|
#2303
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg92
|
Anyone else get the impression we're not getting all the Sky basic HD channels? I know Real Lives is closing, but they've neglected to mention Sky News or Sports News. Also MB's comment about "the one's VM will be getting"...
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:07
|
#2304
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 492
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Look what you lot have done now, all this discussion of Sky has caused Google Adwords to start advertising Sky at the top 
|
get adblock and you won't have to suffer any advertising
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:13
|
#2305
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
For goodens sake, why? Do you want to penalise other customers, just because you have chosen to pay an extra £7 per month for PREMIUM channels.
Free non premium HD channels is what Vigin Media advertise and should stick to.
No one likes the £7 charge for premium channels but it seems to me it is Sky/ofcoms doing, not Virgin's.
Sounds like you are being a bit vindictive to me just because you have chosen to pay more.
|
No it just means more people will pay the £7 per box charge then. More of an attractive package to encourage people to sub to it.
Don't have the excisting HD channels just have the new ones from now on for example of your £7 you'd get Sky sports 1 and 2 HD, Sky Sports news HD, Sky 1 HD, Hallmark HD, ESPN America HD etc.
You'd have 2 HD packages then the free one whats avaiable now and the £7 per box premuim HD package.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:14
|
#2306
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle
Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Posts: 1,318
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Because a big benefit of Virgin Media over Sky (which virgin have heavily advertised as a feature) is free HD channels.
If Virgin change that, then they falsely advertised a feature. The Premium channels in HD is a different matter.
What i can't understand is why some Virgin Media customers are asking for something that was free (non premium HD chanels) to be charged for! Is it April 1st?
|
Who's asked for that?
It's a bit naive to think that Virgin would be able to give sky's premium content away without an extra charge isn't it?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:24
|
#2307
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Hmmm.. I am not easily confused normally but the way Virgin bundle things together has certainly got me confused this time..
I am a Virgin customer with 20 meg broadband, XL TV, phone landline as well. The XL TV gives me all the premium channels in SD already right? When I go to the Virgin HD sign up all I see are a number of different premium packages (SS1 on its own, SS1 2 and 3, movies etc..)
All I want to see is a box that says "Charge me £7 for an HD upgrade".. As I already get the premium packages in SD with XL why is it asking me to buy various package options again at £34.50??  Does this mean I will be charged another £34.50 or will it just be £7?? I am not a buffoon.. Honest, but all I want is the link to upgrade my existing XL package with the £7 upgrade.. Surely it is simpler than it looks.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:25
|
#2308
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey
I just pre ordered my premuim HD channels... SWEET!! Only on the one box though.
I think they should put all there non freeview HD channels into the £7 per box package now. Or they should definetly put all new HD channels from now on in the £7 per box option.
|
I too think they should now charge for all the previously free HD channels, hopefully the free customer services number will also be changed £5/min and the free tv catch up will be charged per progam....
Then I can get a second job to pay for all the free stuff that is no longer free and have no time to watch anything on virgin cos I'm always at work earning the pennies to pay for it! Damn I can't believe I didn't think of this first.....
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:29
|
#2309
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymove
Hmmm.. I am not easily confused normally but the way Virgin bundle things together has certainly got me confused this time..
I am a Virgin customer with 20 meg broadband, XL TV, phone landline as well. The XL TV gives me all the premium channels in SD already right? When I go to the Virgin HD sign up all I see are a number of different premium packages (SS1 on its own, SS1 2 and 3, movies etc..)
All I want to see is a box that says "Charge me £7 for an HD upgrade".. As I already get the premium packages in SD with XL why is it asking me to buy various package options again at £34.50??  Does this mean I will be charged another £34.50 or will it just be £7?? I am not a buffoon.. Honest, but all I want is the link to upgrade my existing XL package with the £7 upgrade.. Surely it is simpler than it looks.
|
Go to www.virginmedia.com/skyhd
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:29
|
#2310
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki
Who's asked for that? 
|
The person I originally replied to:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2280.html
Maybe you didn't understand his post and my reply?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40.
|