28-09-2026, 10:54
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,534
|
VM Email has gone mad?
A few days ago, when I went to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin It normally logs me in automatically, but now it asks for my email account. I input that and then got asks for it again before it allows me into my inbox.
It has been several days since I received an email, which is very unusual.
So I sent myself an email from within that webpage. It shows as sent but does not arrive in my inbox.
So I sent a couple of emails from my GMail acount. They do not arrive either.
 
|
|
|
28-09-2026, 11:02
|
#2
|
|
In the gang of three
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hiding . . from all the experts
Posts: 5,849
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
I use thunderbird, yesterday I sent silly test emails to/from the NTL and Gmail addresses . . all received ok.
I also remembered a while ago having issues checking my bill (somewhere in the moans & hates thread probably) and had to supply VM with an alternate email . . for security or some such bullcrap.
Makes me now wonder if this was a prelude to the killing of VM emails and an excuse to get an 'outside' email address which they will now use for bills etc
__________________
If knowledge is power, how come those in power seem so stupid?
|
|
|
28-09-2026, 11:09
|
#3
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
A few days ago, when I went to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin It normally logs me in automatically, but now it asks for my email account. I input that and then got asks for it again before it allows me into my inbox.
It has been several days since I received an email, which is very unusual.
So I sent myself an email from within that webpage. It shows as sent but does not arrive in my inbox.
So I sent a couple of emails from my GMail acount. They do not arrive either.
  
|
Seen many posts on other forums reporting this . Have the same problem
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
28-09-2026, 11:41
|
#4
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,053
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
I had to enter my old ntlworld email address twice to access it, then sent a test email to my hotmail account - arrived within seconds.
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
28-09-2026, 13:13
|
#5
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
I had to enter my old ntlworld email address twice to access it, then sent a test email to my hotmail account - arrived within seconds.
|
Have mine set to forward emails ok so only junk comes in these days , not flagged as such anywhere. Have been checking more don't come than do.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
Today, 14:50
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,534
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
This morning I had to enter my email address twice yet again, but a huge number of emails arrived, including my test messages from the other day.
I have been trying to input my meter readings to Scottish Power, but the codeword they send by email to "log on securely" hasn't arrived after 4 hours today.
|
|
|
Today, 17:37
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,534
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
This is what I'm up against. A 5-minute window to reply, but the email can take days to arrive.
|
|
|
Today, 18:52
|
#8
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE London (Bexley)
Services: None - well none with VM!
Posts: 569
|
Re: VM Email has gone mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
This morning I had to enter my email address twice yet again, but a huge number of emails arrived, including my test messages from the other day.
I have been trying to input my meter readings to Scottish Power, but the codeword they send by email to "log on securely" hasn't arrived after 4 hours today.
|
OK you need to take the hint and change the address associated with your Scottish Power account. VM’s email provision has become increasingly unreliable over time, not helped by them outsourcing the whole thing recently.
__________________
"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out"
Arthur Hays Sulzberger
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:05.
|