22-04-2015, 15:05
|
#121
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy
Where has anyone said they're more relevant, resorting to making stuff up now, you really are turning into Arthur
|
Listening to William Hague on the Today programme yesterday morning made me think of Osem as Bill wouldn't have a bad word said about anything Conservative. I even began to wonder if Bill and Osem are in fact one and the same - after all you never see them together on TV or hear them on the same radio show.....
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 15:07
|
#122
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Not the same no. I don't suppose Hague ever voted Labour like I did...
Unlike some folks, I learnt from my mistake.
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 20:57
|
#123
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
I do not like it when vandalism hit the Tories posters, in Great Yarmouth. But not being nasty, what does the Conservative people in that area expect.
I go to Yarmouth each year on Hols, and l see quite a lot of people who are down on there luck. I watched a recent documentary on GY. And it sadden me of what the area has turned out to be. There were queues of people looking for seasonal work, as that's all that going
So what do the Tories want, you cannot support the rich and treat the poor as they don't exist.
GY, as some stall holder told me once, that once the holiday season goes, the town is like ghost town, and no work
I am a great believer in the fact that there are plenty of Industrial Estates there, but you have to pay decent wages to get work.
I am just glad l didn't move there three years ago, as l would still be unemployed
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 21:02
|
#124
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,605
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu
I do not like it when vandalism hit the Tories posters, in Great Yarmouth. But not being nasty, what does the Conservative people in that area expect.
I go to Yarmouth each year on Hols, and l see quite a lot of people who are down on there luck. I watched a recent documentary on GY. And it sadden me of what the area has turned out to be. There were queues of people looking for seasonal work, as that's all that going
So what do the Tories want, you cannot support the rich and treat the poor as they don't exist.
GY, as some stall holder told me once, that once the holiday season goes, the town is like ghost town, and no work
I am a great believer in the fact that there are plenty of Industrial Estates there, but you have to pay decent wages to get work.
I am just glad l didn't move there three years ago, as l would still be unemployed
|
a labour supporter with a work ethic
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 21:09
|
#125
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
__________________
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 21:12
|
#126
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Apparently all the girls think Ed is hot.
at least the desperate ones do.
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 05:06
|
#127
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
The Conservatives are running out of time it seems with the opinion polls not budging at all. with 2 weeks to go.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...election-video
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/04/23/labour-lead-1/
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 05:18
|
#128
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf
[/COLOR]
a labour supporter with a work ethic 
|
Indeed
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 08:51
|
#129
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
|
Actually the polls are budging - just not fast enough.
Since January, the rolling polling average has shown an upward trend for the Tories, who are now, on average, level with, or fractionally ahead of, Labour, whereas 3 months ago they were comfortably behind.
Labour has been falling off ever so slightly. The same average shows UKIP falling, Green falling and the Lib Dems gaining. In other words, the polling average shows the electorate creeping back towards where it was in 2010, although so far the outcome doesn't look identical by any means.
---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------
The Wikipedia administrator who accused the Tory co-chairman, Grant Shapps, of creating a fake identity on the online encyclopedia to boost his reputation is a leading activist in the Liberal Democrats, the Telegraph's Andrew Gilligan has revealed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gene...-activist.html
Surprised? I almost was.
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 11:47
|
#130
|
|
Rise above the players
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 with 360, ITVX, 4+, Prime, Netflix, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount+, Discovery+, HBO Max
Posts: 15,514
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy
can't fault them, I'll repeat it for you record number of businesses folding, record number of house repossession and unemployment doubling. To simply dismiss it as being due to the ERM is like labour saying the problems they left were down to the global economic crisis. our economy went down the toilet due to the then pm's vanity project and the tories paid the price, the things people say about labour now were said about the Conservatives for years after and it's why they were unelectable for so long.
|
What a strange perspective you hold of the 1990s! Anyway, this was some 25 years ago and I really can't summon up the mental strength today to debate history.
The plain fact is that the Coalition Government have sorted out the worst financial crisis ever caused by a succession of Labour Governments who decided to raid all the pension pots, sell the gold and spend all the money they inherited on the most amazing spending spree which saw benefits claimants getting as much money as senior managers!
I think the difference between Labour and Conservatives is extremely stark and you will have to make your mind up whether you want to go back to square one (2010) or whether you want the improvements we are now witnessing to be built upon.
We can be doing well again in five years, or we can be impoverished. The choice, I guess, is ours.
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 12:26
|
#131
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY
What a strange perspective you hold of the 1990s! Anyway, this was some 25 years ago and I really can't summon up the mental strength today to debate history.
The plain fact is that the Coalition Government have sorted out the worst financial crisis ever caused by a succession of Labour Governments who decided to raid all the pension pots, sell the gold and spend all the money they inherited on the most amazing spending spree which saw benefits claimants getting as much money as senior managers!
I think the difference between Labour and Conservatives is extremely stark and you will have to make your mind up whether you want to go back to square one (2010) or whether you want the improvements we are now witnessing to be built upon.
We can be doing well again in five years, or we can be impoverished. The choice, I guess, is ours.
|
The usual suspects can carry on whining about cuts and absolving Labour of any blame for what happened over 13 years, as they perennially do ,but can you imagine what sort of mess we'd be in now had Brown won the last election?
It beggars belief that any sensible person would risk giving Balls and Miliband control of UK PLC after their role in the biggest bust for decades but it just goes to show how powerful things like spin, benefits culture and the prospect of a mushrooming public sector and unions running the show is for some deluded and naïve folk. Maybe they run their households in a similar chaotic manner and that's why they can't see just how inept the party they vote for time and time again is. Maybe they just don't want to admit their own failings, preferring instead to blame the 'nasty' party for everything under the sun and supporting those whose only answer is spend, spend, spend...
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 12:31
|
#132
|
|
067
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middlesbrough
Age: 50
Services: Many
Posts: 5,121
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
The past five years have been good to me in terms of career progression, the amount of money I've had in my back pocket
The NHS has been brilliant helping me with the nervous breakdown I suffered and my subsequent recovery. The police ditto
Despite this I just bring myself to vote, there are no candidates who are worthy of leading the people of this nation. No parties whose views I can fully align myself with.
__________________
Nerves of steel, heart of gold, knob of butter......
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 12:33
|
#133
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees
The past five years have been good to me in terms of career progression, the amount of money I've had in my back pocket
The NHS has been brilliant helping me with the nervous breakdown I suffered and my subsequent recovery. The police ditto
Despite this I just bring myself to vote, there are no candidates who are worthy of leading the people of this nation. No parties whose views I can fully align myself with.
|
I think for many of us voting has been reduced to choosing the least worst option. There's no one party for me either so I am reduced to damage limitation and that's what will determine my vote.
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 12:37
|
#134
|
|
067
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middlesbrough
Age: 50
Services: Many
Posts: 5,121
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem
I think for many of us voting has been reduced to choosing the least worst option. There's no one party for me either so I am reduced to damage limitation and that's what will determine my vote.
|
I think you're spot on with that analysis Unfortunately they all seem to damage multiple areas.
We need a major overhaul of the political system in this country.
One of the things I hate most however, I was sat watching the local news the other night and there was an article interviewing people asking about how they would vote. One woman said 'I don't know who to vote for, no one has told me anything'
How about finding out for yourself you retarded bint !!!!!!!
__________________
Nerves of steel, heart of gold, knob of butter......
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 12:38
|
#135
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: General Election 2015: Voting intentions & general discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees
The past five years have been good to me in terms of career progression, the amount of money I've had in my back pocket
The NHS has been brilliant helping me with the nervous breakdown I suffered and my subsequent recovery. The police ditto
Despite this I just bring myself to vote, there are no candidates who are worthy of leading the people of this nation. No parties whose views I can fully align myself with.
|
And yet, one of those candidates *will* lead the nation.
Better to have your say and pick the least worst, rather than abstaining, surely?
At the very least, attend your polling station and spoil your ballot. Spoils are counted and the total read out. It's the nearest you can get to officially registering your distaste for the choice presented you.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:34.
|