Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 12 months half price sale

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

12 months half price sale
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2013, 20:42   #16
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not sure what your point is?
Nothing more than I'm trying to see if there is a pattern to these offers. My SKY contract is up in 5 months. If I come back to Virgin I'd rather get half price for 12 months instead of the usual 6.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2013, 12:17   #17
Superblade7
cf.geek
 
Superblade7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
Rang retentions today, but was told that the half price deal was for new customers only. However, as I was out of contract, my loyalty bonus was extended for another year. Small result I suppose.
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.

I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.

They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 14:38   #18
colin1234
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
colin1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.

I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.

They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).

Could not agree more,virgin have just lost my £1200 a year to sky simply because they chose not to try and compete with them,there loss and i`m £30 a month better off
colin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 14:54   #19
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1234 View Post
Could not agree more,virgin have just lost my £1200 a year to sky simply because they chose not to try and compete with them,there loss and i`m £30 a month better off
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 15:02   #20
Kabaal
Inactive
 
Kabaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Over there
Posts: 1,096
Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
VIP collection is £99 a month...
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 15:10   #21
colin1234
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
colin1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
To be fair to virgin i did have 3 boxes,60meg broadband,full tv +sports and movies,no HD ON MOVIES SPORTS THOUGH,Total £96.05 +phone calls etc, normally my bill was around £120-£130 a month.

Getting pretty much the same from sky+ H.D on everything,

broadband only 40meg but now i can use the ipad upstairs which i never could with the superdud,and £30 odd better off. RESULT
colin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 15:30   #22
greeninferno
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 492
greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.

I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.

They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 16:34   #23
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
I called Virgin in December to confirm I wanted to cancel my services. I had already been offered 12 months 1/2 price from SKY through a family member. Virgin put me through to retentions who asked why I wanted to leave. I confirmed I was not happy with the latest price increases and intended to move to SKY. Virgin did make me a reasonable offer to stay however I confirmed I was getting a better offer elsewhere. Virgin retentions asked what deal I was being offered. I explined 50% off for 12 months via SKY. Retnetions advised they couldn't match that and confirmed my services would be cancelled.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 16:48   #24
greeninferno
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 492
greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I called Virgin in December to confirm I wanted to cancel my services. I had already been offered 12 months 1/2 price from SKY through a family member. Virgin put me through to retentions who asked why I wanted to leave. I confirmed I was not happy with the latest price increases and intended to move to SKY. Virgin did make me a reasonable offer to stay however I confirmed I was getting a better offer elsewhere. Virgin retentions asked what deal I was being offered. I explined 50% off for 12 months via SKY. Retnetions advised they couldn't match that and confirmed my services would be cancelled.
just out of interest what was the offer?

you did the right thing though exhausted all avenues open to you and got the best deal - loads of people seem to just moan and complain about their deal instead of proactively seeking to improve it.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:40   #25
Superblade7
cf.geek
 
Superblade7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
Yes, did so about 18 months ago (and on many other occassions previously as they are most helpful in doing deals) but at the time both were only offering 6 months half price. VM agreed to give me a loyalty discount for 2 years to match the normal price Sky package price and at the time, I couldn't be bothered to switch for the sake of six months half price as I've always been happy with VM's services and would miss TiVo and the fibre broadband. They could do nothing about matching the half price offer as per the earlier post by solitaire.

However at the present time and a few price rises later, I could be tempted to switch for a 12 month offer as it'll save best part of £500 over the year. Also, BT Infinity is due for roll out in my area soon so come December when I know if we are getting Atlantic, BT Sport, etc, I can then make an informed decision.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:15   #26
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: 12 months half price sale

A quick question can I add TV and phone services to my package in the VM shop in the shopping centre in town?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:55   #27
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
just out of interest what was the offer?

you did the right thing though exhausted all avenues open to you and got the best deal - loads of people seem to just moan and complain about their deal instead of proactively seeking to improve it.
I really can't remember. It wasn't a straight price reduction. Virgin wanted me to make a couple of changes to my package to get the best value possible.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 22:23   #28
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
Posts: 856
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: 12 months half price sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
Why would that be? It's the going rate.
I'm paying for VIP and line rental which is £113 and also sim only so with the calls etc. the bill is usually £120 a month / about £1500 a year.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:09.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum