Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you be willing to pay more?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Would you be willing to pay more?
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to pay more
Yes, I would happily pay the £2 a month more 15 27.78%
Yes, I would be willing to pay more for that content 4 7.41%
No, I want the content without the price rises 25 46.30%
I couldn't care less either way 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2012, 22:46   #1
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Would you be willing to pay more?

IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?

This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2012, 23:38   #2
Safcftm21
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 88
Safcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?

This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
Here's a thought, why not pay less and get them? I had with virgin the following and paid £103 p/m

TiVo box and v+ box with all the channels (sports movies etc)
Phone (evening and weekend)
60mb broadband

Moved back to sky and now pay £83p/m for 6 mnts then £95p/m and I get the following

Sky plus HD and extra box - with shed loads more hd channels, a 3d channel, sky Atlantic and a sky go app that blows virgin tv anywhere out of the water. Also as I now have had experience of the two the VOD content is not that much different. Also other than the three tuners I will not be convinced by anyone that the TiVo is good as everyone on here seems to think.

Phone - anytime calls so again an improvement on what I had before

Broadband - this is the only thing that's not as good but I've been getting 15mb which I can live with to be honest and sky's fibre is due in my area in the next 3 months. Now get cloud wifi and won't get traffic management on my broadband that VM did after only three months and not even excessive usage(VM cs agreed with me) as my BB speed was dropped to 0.5mb. So have I lost out?

No brainer for me and as one of the few that's seen both sides of the VM/Sky coin I think I'm in a good position to comment, unlike some on this forum who will defend VM without actually seeing what the so called opposition has to offer.
Safcftm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:59   #3
Jameseh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

No, at this point I'd rather use Freeview.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 00:06   #4
Dave42
cf.mega poster
 
Dave42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?

This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
sky will never let VM have SS3+4 HD channels so pointless
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 02:06   #5
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

I have to pay an extra £4 a month! Whoop dee doo .........
Londonbornpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 04:23   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster
 
andy_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Firstly I think you're lucky if your price rise is limited to £2, secondly, if given the option I'd say no, but if they chose to lessen the pain of price rises by bringing these channels then I wouldn't complain too loudly either. Otherwise, safcftm makes a great point-albeit there are plenty of us here that have also had Sky.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 05:22   #7
Ken W
Inactive
 
Ken W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?

This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
I do not want any of the extra content as they are no interest to me and would not want to pay extra.

I think you need to add a option to your poll.

"No I do not want the extra content"
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 06:20   #8
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 06:27   #9
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei
 
papa smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,593
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again .
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 07:33   #10
Itshim
Do I care what you think
 
Itshim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

No but then I do not want more content, apps , bells , whistles , breaking up pictures on I player( O silly me I have that already ) or other pointless tricks that give the impression that I can not read or think for myself

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I do not want any of the extra content as they are no interest to me and would not want to pay extra.

I think you need to add a option to your poll.

"No I do not want the extra content"
Very true poll seems to be trying to get a "Put up the cost for extra" result
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 08:24   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
Seconded.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 21:21   #12
jonandmarkuk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
Posts: 68
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

I expect to see a slew of new channels launch in return for the price hike.
However Virgin have given no explanation to the rise, which makes it seem we won't be getting anything new.
The much talked about extra channels last month resulted in a random Africa channel which I doubt will have many viewers.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 21:28   #13
Gadgie
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fife
Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Posts: 244
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote..." i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again"

Aye! and its even worse if you are disabled and stuck at home all day, watching the same stuff over and over
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 21:28   #14
Firmsky
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ipswich
Services: Ultimate ooomph
Posts: 402
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Seconded.

^^^^^^^
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 22:45   #15
carlwaring
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
I don't get that logic You would be willing to pay more for the channels but now you are going to be paying more you want new channels?

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again .
Well that's just weird I'm always watching new stuff with just the channels we have. (Though I do choose to watch some repeats too!)

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
I expect to see a slew of new channels launch in return for the price hike.
However Virgin have given no explanation to the rise, which makes it seem we won't be getting anything new.
What's the explanation for anything going up in price?!

The cost of my weekly shop has steadily risen and I'm not getting any more for it!

I take your point. I am merely making an observation

Quote:
The much talked about extra channels last month resulted in a random Africa channel which I doubt will have many viewers.
"The much talked about extra channels" were never officially announced though.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:25.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum