Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
27-08-2012, 12:14
|
#1
|
|
Guest
|
Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
I do not know how to title it better lol or what prefix to use as its a general question
A client of mine had problems with hotmail and for some reason called virgin for support. Anyway the operator obviously said we can not help with that and gave out an 0800 number that ends up to these guys
http://techsupportmart.co.uk/contact-us.html
these then have a look and say" oh there is a virus on your system one used by hackers and its been on there about 3 weeks I can clean it off if you pay"
this sounds very suspect to me so I thought I would ask here if its common practice at VM to direct to these people and that in fact they are safe
|
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 12:19
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 954
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
I thought Virgin had their own "in-house" paid technical support system for things that fell outside of their free support remit. So unless that IS them, I'd say its suspicious too.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 12:20
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
I lolled:
Quote:
Tech Support Mart has been continuously evolving in the arena of technical support rapidly, due to its unmatchable level of IT technical support and fastest issue resolution rate. At this point in time, Tech Support Mart is an inspiration for other technical assistance conglomerates, who want to expand their customer base and climb the ladder of success with within no time. We have been working in the business domain of technical support for PC & all its accessories, and providing technical help to a huge number of clients different part of world. We are armed with various teams of veteran subject -matter experts, who believe in resolving any of the technical challenges from its root cause, so that it should not reappear ever in the future. Our expertise to immediately detect and fix the software as well as hardware issues isolates us from our business competitors. Dedication, consistency, and quality are some of our organization's most important business ethics, which enable us to satisfy maximum number of customers.
At Tech Support Mart, besides offering 24/7 and 365 days a year swifter technical support to our esteemed customers, we aspire to improvise their technical skills on the product that they are using, which is a great way to make them tech savvy and facilitate them to resolve the basic system related issues on their own too. Our diverse methods of technical assistance include providing assistance via phone, e-mail, chat and remote assistance as well, which is so convenient for the customers to discuss their technical matters as per their convenience. We support all IT brands available in the market, whether they are associated with software or hardware, and some of the products that we support are listed below:
|
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 12:42
|
#4
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
when I say they had a look I mean they gained remote access
|
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 17:02
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit
when I say they had a look I mean they gained remote access
|
Did she call http://www.virgindigitalhelp.co.uk/default.aspx
or did she call Virgin Media technical support on 0800 on 151 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 as these guys should not be advising you to call anyone for 3rd party support except https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/digital-home-support
They are 2 very different companies and neither should be directing you to the company you have posted a link to and if they have she should ring up and complain.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 17:07
|
#6
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_
|
I know that is my point. Ideally I want some VM tech sup operative for input here.
As an add on my client called VM again to complain and was told by a supervisor that the number has something to do with hotmail support which is a lie
Anyway the system has been sorted by me and I have advised my client to make an official complaint
|
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 17:14
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit
I know that is my point. Ideally I want some VM tech sup operative for input here.
As an add on my client called VM again to complain and was told by a supervisor that the number has something to do with hotmail support which is a lie
Anyway the system has been sorted by me and I have advised my client to make an official complaint
|
I was a technical support agent for Virgin Media until 6 months ago and for 3rd party email we would only ever have directed you to Digital Home Support and no agent should ever direct you to the site you posted above, so need to wait for anyone else to confirm as for one you might wait a while and for two I am 1000% right.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 19:29
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_
|
I think an extra nought got posted here, shows what happens when you are in a rush to go out.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 20:40
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_
I think an extra nought got posted here, shows what happens when you are in a rush to go out. 
|
So you're less sure than you were previously
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 20:49
|
#10
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Call to Tech sup ends very suspiciously
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad
So you're less sure than you were previously 
|
As sure as I need to be.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:46.
|