Is Super Hub not so Super?
24-08-2012, 07:16
|
#61
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks
I don't need to have worked for VM to see that you have converted what seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion that Superhub PSUs be listed as a separate inventory item which can be shipped to replace faulty ones and ones not replaced during the install into the need to carry PSUs for every modem since the dawn of time and/or replacement of every modem still in service - which will happen anyway over time.
I suspect the true reason they are not carried as separate items is because VM don't trust their front line staff to be able to correctly identify a duff PSU. Judging by some of your posts here where you have gone off on a tangent because you haven't read what was actually posted they may well have a point.
|
What more proof do we need than the post above that clearly shows little or no understanding of logistics, you do not stock itens that are not needed otherwise you are not working cost effectively, if you split the packs up the warehouse would have to charge for more space and extra time picking the order. Then Netgear would have to split the content, it all costs money and would be a stupid road to go down as the customer would have to foot the bill for the extra cost, I know more about the Virgin Media systems than you ever would but because you have lost the argument you post negative remarks about me, well done now put me back ignore before you lose again.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 07:37
|
#62
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 153
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk
Golgafrincham B ark
|
I was going down the Disaster Area route with environmentalists but the B-Ark might work - No, wait a minute; that would mean we are all descended from VM Marketing Consultants
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 08:06
|
#63
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Services: Plusnet FTTC,
FoxSat HDR for TV,
Vonage VOIP.
Posts: 2,082
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
VM already stock the PSUs separately or at least did when I had my 50Mbps install 2 years back. The boxes carried on the van - and I saw 3 of them because the first two hubs failed to work - contained hubs only and the PSU was in a different box. I've seen two boxes sent out to me from support and they do contain the PSU plus other stuff - they are completely different boxes.
True you don't stock items that are not required such as PSUs for every obsolete modem in service which you kept insisting on but separate SH PSUs clearly would save money as countless hubs are going to landfull because they either never had the correct PSU at install time or the one they did have needs replacing because it whistles. I'll grant that a failed PSU can't easily be diagnosed over the phone and it's cheaper to ship a SH+PSU than send an engineer.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 08:47
|
#64
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 449
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_
As for the VMNG300 we had more calls with issues with that device than the Superhub as it was more prone to drop off line..
|
That's interesting. I must have a good one then, but I'll keep an eye on the uptime if and when I have to reboot it.
Generally it's only power outages etc that would cause me to power cycle the modem.
From memory the uptime at the moment is around about 150 days.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 09:10
|
#65
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Teesside
Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
Posts: 131
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
is the router stats broken again? I wish I had a connection this fast:
Session Time 0days 0h:3m:44s
Session Data Downloaded 80GB 248KB
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 11:44
|
#66
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stafford
Posts: 4,225
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
yeah its in the known issues of r36
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 18:25
|
#67
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks
VM already stock the PSUs separately or at least did when I had my 50Mbps install 2 years back. The boxes carried on the van - and I saw 3 of them because the first two hubs failed to work - contained hubs only and the PSU was in a different box. I've seen two boxes sent out to me from support and they do contain the PSU plus other stuff - they are completely different boxes.
True you don't stock items that are not required such as PSUs for every obsolete modem in service which you kept insisting on but separate SH PSUs clearly would save money as countless hubs are going to landfull because they either never had the correct PSU at install time or the one they did have needs replacing because it whistles. I'll grant that a failed PSU can't easily be diagnosed over the phone and it's cheaper to ship a SH+PSU than send an engineer.
|
JB66 has already confirmed for some strange reason that the Red Sheds get theirs separate which does not make economic sense as that must be costing more as all devices sent come complete, someone has not done their sums right because if they were sent out from the warehouse with no PSU the would be hell to pay, no engineers carry the stock they require which is very different to an order picker collating an order.
---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi
That's interesting. I must have a good one then, but I'll keep an eye on the uptime if and when I have to reboot it.
Generally it's only power outages etc that would cause me to power cycle the modem.
From memory the uptime at the moment is around about 150 days.
|
From day one we had calls about the device and I was on the original ring fenced 50Mb team, your eyes rolled when you saw 50Mb on the phone turret as you knew it was going to be a fun call.
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 19:19
|
#68
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
If you get a superhub then it has crap wifi and it gets replaced, I come out and fit a new one and don't replace the PSU
|
|
|
24-08-2012, 20:02
|
#69
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Is Super Hub not so Super?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66
If you get a superhub then it has crap wifi and it gets replaced, I come out and fit a new one and don't replace the PSU
|
I am talking about the ones sent out from central warehousing complete with a PSU, if they were separate then either the agent or the order picker would forget and make customers angry plus the costs involved would rule out such an idea as storage and orderpicking is not free so sending out a complete unit will still be cheaper.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:37.
|