Students Rioting in London.
15-12-2010, 17:50
|
#706
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
But these images look a bit different to the one we saw in the video. I agree the photographs look as though these officers are taking some care in handling Mr McIntyre; no so much the ones from the video though.
|
From the text in the link
Quote:
A series of shots taken during the afternoon of the latest student protest in London. The young man in the shots, Jody McIntyre claims he was assaulted by the police.
This (I believe he means "That") claim relates to an event later in the evening, however, these shots show the way the police dealt with Mr McIntyre in the afternoon.
|
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:50
|
#707
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
|
It certainly seems as though he is very passionate about the causes he supports and is using a tool to his advantage. Who amongst us, if in similar circumstances, wouldn't? I wonder how many of you would just sit by and let a goverment, of any nation, ride roughshod over its people, without trying their best to prevent it, given the opportunities available to them.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:52
|
#708
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
"ride roughshod over it's people"
for heaven's sake, it's Student Fees - it's not as if they were trying to introduce compulsory ID cards or start a War in Iraq or something.....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:53
|
#709
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
From the text in the link
|
Quote:
|
these shots show the way the police dealt with Mr McIntyre in the afternoon
|
I am not arguing against that fact. I was wondering if the police officers used a different tactic in the later video.
---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
ffs, it's Student Fees - it's not as if they were trying to introduce compulsory ID cards or start a War in Iraq or something.....
|
Would support him if it had been about that?
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:53
|
#710
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
It certainly seems as though he is very passionate about the causes he supports and is using a tool to his advantage.
|
Oh that's alright then...
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:54
|
#711
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
There's a difference between "wondering" and being blinkered in total support of the proposition, imho.
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 17:58
|
#712
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Oh that's alright then... 
|
That's okay, you're welcome. 
---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
There's a difference between "wondering" and being blinkered in total support of the proposition, imho.
|
Sorry Hugh, but I am unclear about what you are disagreeing me here. I we agreed that the pictures were not of the later incident in the evening, I was just wondering why the police did not appear to use the same tactics then.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 18:07
|
#713
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 45
Posts: 14,750
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Are they taking the ****?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...-fees-protests
Quote:
|
Iran lashed out today at the "harsh" policing of UK student protests at hikes in tuition fees, summoning the British ambassador to express its criticism.
|
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 18:08
|
#714
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Is that a parody?
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 18:23
|
#715
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
It certainly seems as though he is very passionate about the causes he supports and is using a tool to his advantage. Who amongst us, if in similar circumstances, wouldn't? I wonder how many of you would just sit by and let a goverment, of any nation, ride roughshod over its people, without trying their best to prevent it, given the opportunities available to them.
|
would other disabled people use their disability in the way he is ? and does that make it right ....i doubt it ,i personally find it distasteful ,maybe someone with a disability or a disabled relative would care to comment on that as that is my opinion
|
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 18:45
|
#716
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
I believe that anyone who sets out to "change the world," will use any opportunity which presents itself. If Flyboy11 wanted to use his disabilities to further a cause that he felt justifed in standing up for, I don't think I could stand in his way. I may be apprehensive and anxious about his well being, but he is very much his own person and niether he nor I will allow anyone take that way from him.
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 18:47
|
#717
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I believe that anyone who sets out to "change the world," will use any opportunity which presents itself. If Flyboy11 wanted to use his disabilities to further a cause that he felt justifed in standing up for, I don't think I could stand in his way. I may be apprehensive and anxious about his well being, but he is very much his own person and niether he nor I will allow anyone take that way from him.
|
What if he used his disability to deliberately try to blacken the name of the Police? Would you still be unable to stand in his way?
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 19:07
|
#718
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
What if he used his disability to deliberately try to blacken the name of the Police? Would you still be unable to stand in his way?
|
Of course I would be unable to stand in his way. What would you expect me to do; lock him and chain him down. If any of his actions were unjustifed, I woud not very happy with him at all, but how would you expect me to stop him? I would hope that he would always conduct himself in an honourable fashion, but at the end of the day, his life is his own. Would you ask the same of Mr McIntyre's parents?
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 19:08
|
#719
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
What if he used his disability to deliberately try to blacken the name of the Police? Would you still be unable to stand in his way?
|
I eagerly await the answer ,as i was going to ask the same question
|
|
|
|
15-12-2010, 19:10
|
#720
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Of course I would be unable to stand in his way. What would you expect me to do; lock him and chain him down. If any of his actions were unjustifed, I woud not very happy with him at all, but how would you expect me to stop him? I would hope that he would always conduct himself in an honourable fashion, but at the end of the day, his life is his own. Would you ask the same of Mr McIntyre's parents?
|
Yeah I'd love to. OK let me ask you another way. Would you be in favour of his actions?
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:43.
|