25-02-2009, 19:06
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Always prefered a thick one my self.
Prefer real stuff to bisto though!
|
|
|
25-02-2009, 19:23
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,405
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp
who voted for 'other' - what is this other?! 
|
Dilatant, pseudoplastic, thixotropic or otherwise rheopectic I would imagine. Most gravy is probably slightly pseudoplastic anyway, though.
Splinter question - I wonder what the correlation between gravy and custard preferences is...
|
|
|
25-02-2009, 19:30
|
#33
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,565
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
[QUOTE=bmxbandit;34740518]Dilatant, pseudoplastic, thixotropic or otherwise rheopectic I would imagine. Most gravy is probably slightly pseudoplastic anyway, though.
thank you sir issac---- perhaps you could come up with a theory of gravy tee
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
08-03-2009, 10:30
|
#34
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,565
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
the poll is closed and the thicks have it by a mile .
so come on all you thin gravyists its time to change your ways and start making proper gravy
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
08-03-2009, 11:14
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf
the poll is closed and the thicks have it by a mile .
so come on all you thin gravyists its time to change your ways and start making proper gravy 
|
No gravy today just home made from scratch parsley sauce
|
|
|
08-03-2009, 12:28
|
#36
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,565
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
No gravy today just home made from scratch parsley sauce 
|
thick i hope
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
08-03-2009, 12:55
|
#37
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
No gravy today just home made from scratch parsley sauce 
|
Snap!
Along with boiled bacon joint,new potatoes and peas..the family favourite.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
09-03-2009, 23:36
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wessy, The Arse Of The World.
Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
Posts: 911
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Thick, always. I want the gravy attached to the food, not creating a lake on the plate that I have to soak into some bread, or, scrape into a pool with the last bit of meat and drink off the plate. Oh yeah, I am that guy.
Maybe other means Mint/Apple sauce?
Quote:
|
Along with boiled bacon joint
|
I have no idea what that is, but by God it is making my drunken mouth salivate.
Whatever happened to "Live and Let Live? Paul McCartney?
|
|
|
10-03-2009, 00:32
|
#39
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England Uk
Services: Telewest Phone
Telewest BroadBand
Telewest Digital Tv
v+ HD
Posts: 4,089
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
i work at kfc and all the people that come in want it think really thick if its to thin or like water they bring it back
|
|
|
10-03-2009, 07:50
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Gravy at KFC? I've never had gravy and chips from the chippy (probably because I live in London and not up north - not seen it in any of my local chippies). Can someone explain what the Gravy on chips is? Is it like traditional gravy? Or something else?
|
|
|
10-03-2009, 09:25
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Liverpool
Age: 49
Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
Posts: 3,819
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo
Gravy at KFC? I've never had gravy and chips from the chippy (probably because I live in London and not up north - not seen it in any of my local chippies). Can someone explain what the Gravy on chips is? Is it like traditional gravy? Or something else?
|
It can't just be plain old gravy, its gotta be thick! You tend to get onion and mushroom in it (or at least the flavour) and its usually so thick that it doesn't dribble through and collect at the bottom, just sits on top - waiting to be eaten. Oh god, i'm so hungry now
I also like chips and gravy sandwiches (or butties as we call them in Liverpool  )
|
|
|
10-03-2009, 11:47
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wessy, The Arse Of The World.
Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
Posts: 911
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
|
Is it like traditional gravy?
|
It isn't a Bisto type of thing, it is a lot darker, I think it might just be a concentrated beef gravy, and I wasn't aware it was a Northern only thing, I assumed it would be a Chippy standard. I would complain if I were you.
I don't see the point of Chips n Sausage if there is no gravy with it.
|
|
|
10-03-2009, 12:15
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Ive seen chips with curry sauce. Even chips and cheese is not that common down south, and I have seen that at most takeaways in Scotland.
I am absolutely starving now.
|
|
|
15-03-2009, 13:37
|
#44
|
|
Guest
Location: middlesbrough
Services: 20 meg
Posts: n/a
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Is cornflour the only thing that can be used to thicken gravy or is there any other anyother ingredient that can be used ? do many peoople have onion gravy on a sunday roast ?
|
|
|
|
15-03-2009, 16:08
|
#45
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,922
|
Re: gravy - thick or thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkiii
Is cornflour the only thing that can be used to thicken gravy or is there any other anyother ingredient that can be used ? do many peoople have onion gravy on a sunday roast ?
|
I use plain flour to make my gravy. Stirring it into the juices from the meat over a medium heat until it bubbles then adding extra stock until it's just right.....lovely.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:16.
|