Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung remote control forget settings
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 12:43   #1
Basisboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wirral
Posts: 52
Basisboy is on a distinguished roadBasisboy is on a distinguished road
Angry Samsung remote control forget settings

Hi, I'm sure this question may have been asked before - apologies in advance but I don't seem to find the right answer!
I have a new Samsung STB and remote to go with it... I have an HITACHI TV and I enter the code on the remote and then I can adjust volume etc., and then a random period of time and it loses connectivity ... I have to enter codes again!
It gets frustrating ... Why have two remotes when I can and do have one (whien it works..)?

Is this is a fault with the remote?

Can I contact CS with this, or will they sound as if I am stupid?

Cheers in advance.
Basisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2005, 14:02   #2
Tristan
Inactive
 
Tristan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glastonbury!
Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Posts: 1,350
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age
Re: Samsung remote control forget settings

The remotes do have a tendency to forget the settings if you use the cheap NTL-supplied batteries. If you put Duracells in, it's far less likely to happen.

It is a known problem though, to the extent that NTL have issued a "second edition" of the remote that remembers the code even when the batteries are removed. It sounds like you've been unlucky and missed out on one.
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:47   #3
Basisboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wirral
Posts: 52
Basisboy is on a distinguished roadBasisboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Samsung remote control forget settings

Could I log this as a fault and obtain a new remote control? Anyone like to guess my chances are with CS?
Cheers
Basisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:12   #4
bob_builder
Inactive
 
bob_builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East-Cambridge
Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
Posts: 1,068
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold
Re: Samsung remote control forget settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basisboy
Could I log this as a fault and obtain a new remote control? Anyone like to guess my chances are with CS?
Cheers
You could but you are highly likely to be charged for a replacement when you send your old one back and it still works to control a STB.
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:38   #5
broomsy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cambridge
Age: 44
Posts: 58
broomsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Samsung remote control forget settings

I am just waiting for the remotes with Play, Pause etc (second edition) to appear on eBay. have not found any yet though
broomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:10.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum