Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flashing LEDs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free upgrade 30Mb-60Mb on request
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2012, 12:50   #1
ssr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: cleveland
Posts: 60
ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road
Free upgrade 30Mb-60Mb on request

At present I am on a 3 month free upgrade from 10Mb to 30Mb, as 2 months has passed I rang retentions to enquire about an upgrade to 60MB for the final month to try before I buy. He did a manual upgrade as we spoke.
I have not noticed much difference except a 5.7Mb torrent download shortly after.
I am in the Teesside area.
It does no harm to ask I believe
The torrent download was superhub wireless connection
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2012, 18:00   #2
General Maximus
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln
Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
Posts: 11,021
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Free upgrade 30Mb-60Mb on request

yeah, when you get to those sort of speeds, and especially 100mbit, the only time i really benefit from the speed is when you use multiple connections on stuff like torrrents and newsgroups. If they are something you use a lot it is defo worth having the speed because they fly.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:57   #3
broadbandking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: Free upgrade 30Mb-60Mb on request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
At present I am on a 3 month free upgrade from 10Mb to 30Mb, as 2 months has passed I rang retentions to enquire about an upgrade to 60MB for the final month to try before I buy. He did a manual upgrade as we spoke.
I have not noticed much difference except a 5.7Mb torrent download shortly after.
I am in the Teesside area.
It does no harm to ask I believe
The torrent download was superhub wireless connection
You won't see much difference in web browsing but deffo from download esp newsgroup, torrents all depending on the upload you get from the seeds and leechers.
broadbandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:09.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum