06-04-2009, 12:42
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Belfast,Northen Ireland
Services: VM - VIP Package
Posts: 132
|
XXL on VIP Package?
Hey guys,
I am on the £85 a Month VIP Package...And I was wondering if it was possible to get my Internet upgraded to 50Mb and if so how much extra would it be? The 50Mb is available in my area I have just checked!
Thanks
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 12:46
|
#2
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero182
Hey guys,
I am on the £85 a Month VIP Package...And I was wondering if it was possible to get my Internet upgraded to 50Mb and if so how much extra would it be? The 50Mb is available in my area I have just checked!
Thanks
|
£80 for the install and probably £10/£15 a month on top of your present bill, call Customer Services on 150 or 0845 454 1111 for more information.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 13:16
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Its £80 and an extra £10
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 14:42
|
#4
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Its £80 and an extra £10
|
Thanks Ben
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 16:15
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Belfast,Northen Ireland
Services: VM - VIP Package
Posts: 132
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Why £80 install? All the wires and all are here!?!
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 16:22
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Because that is the charge. Don't want to pay it, don't get 50Mbit.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 16:25
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Services: vip package vm
Posts: 62
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
ben you can be so rude at times he was only asking as to why it costs that much
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 16:29
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
What else am I supposed to say? It costs £80 - thats it!
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 19:17
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 35
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
just ask them to send the modem see what they say lol
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 19:22
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Newcastle and Horsham
Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M.
Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
Posts: 1,432
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Or another way to look at it; if you don't want to pay £80, feel free to get 50Mb from another supplier that doesn't charge a setup fee
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 20:08
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dover, Kent
Services: VIP100, Tivo, V+, V HD, 2 phone lines, Motorised Dish, Dreambox
Posts: 41
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Because that is the charge. Don't want to pay it, don't get 50Mbit.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny85
ben you can be so rude at times he was only asking as to why it costs that much
|
Like the original poster, I too would like to know what the charge is for. I am not saying I don't want to pay it, nor am I saying that I won't get the service because of it, I am just enquiring as to what the charge may cover (if anything) should anyone here know.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 20:31
|
#12
|
|
Cable Guru
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scotland
Age: 43
Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
Posts: 1,050
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
The install charge is split into 2 areas, its not a solid £80 fee.
Firstly its £30 install which is the standard charge for a manned installation. This is applicable to all new and existing subscribers.
Secondly, a £50 activation fee applies which will mainly cover any equipment charges (modem/router/USB adapter). Still a bone of contention for people who dont need the wireless N kit but Virgin could still levy the charge as for the modem only.
The fee cannot be waived at the moment unfortunately, even in retentions. I believe sales have new install offers where the install can be offered at subsidised prices but the £50 activation fee is a must. The install cant be placed to the billing system without the 2 charges being applied.
Hope this clarifies things.
p.s... Ben is correct, its an extra £10 per month with the VIP package, infcat its £10 per month with most triple bundles apart from customer loyalty deals.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 21:31
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2009
Services: VIP and 20mb BB plus fone
Posts: 40
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev
The install charge is split into 2 areas, its not a solid £80 fee.
Firstly its £30 install which is the standard charge for a manned installation. This is applicable to all new and existing subscribers.
Secondly, a £50 activation fee applies which will mainly cover any equipment charges (modem/router/USB adapter). Still a bone of contention for people who dont need the wireless N kit but Virgin could still levy the charge as for the modem only.
The fee cannot be waived at the moment unfortunately, even in retentions. I believe sales have new install offers where the install can be offered at subsidised prices but the £50 activation fee is a must. The install cant be placed to the billing system without the 2 charges being applied.
Hope this clarifies things.
p.s... Ben is correct, its an extra £10 per month with the VIP package, infcat its £10 per month with most triple bundles apart from customer loyalty deals.
|
I got told that there was no leway from the prices as all employees have been told the person i spoke to said they wouldn't pay that price either
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:45
|
#14
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sittingbourne
Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
Posts: 254
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
I ordered XXL it came to £80 is setup costs and £11 a month
I'm on VIP with an extra V+ box and NASN. Why is everyone saying £10 on here? I spoke to two members of staff they both said £11
Ordered it last Wednesday not getting installed till the 15th
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:47
|
#15
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: XXL on VIP Package?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs
I ordered XXL it came to £80 is setup costs and £11 a month
I'm on VIP with an extra V+ box and NASN. Why is everyone saying £10 on here? I spoke to two members of staff they both said £11
Ordered it last Wednesday not getting installed till the 15th 
|
If Ben says it should be £10 then it should be £10, what accent did those agents have.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:37.
|