Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 15:40   #7081
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Partly, but it has been modified to tackle the variant.

As for the first part of your post, this is your imagination working overtime. Things can be fast tracked, and the South African variant was known about last year and hasn’t arrived on these shores in any great numbers yet.

You are looking for problems where there aren’t any. Solutions are now at hand.

Sorry, mate, but you are going to have to go back to normal. I’m not sure what you are worried about, whether it’s furlough being terminated, going back to the office or what, but whatever is motivating your desperate wish to keep restrictions in place, you will just have to get used to it. It is all at an end now (and hopefully, overseas travel will soon be back to near normal as well).
As you’ve been told a million times, there’s no going back to 2019. I’d say it is you that has to adjust, but as someone unaffected by restrictions I’d guess you are retired in your slippers either way.

I’d also say that furlough being terminated is a legitimate concern for anyone in receipt of it - as there is no return to normal it’s their jobs and livelihoods on the line as people spend less money. Somewhere between hiding under the stairs in their ivory towers and simply taking personal responsibility the economy will be operating differently for years to come.

Quote:
We’re not going back to lockdowns and all the associated crap, that’s just how it is.
Associated crap is an interesting way of delaying death until we found a vaccine.

Quote:
Now, where was that nightclub I was thinking of going to when normality returned?
Now that’s funny. I hope you have your ID.