Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please Help Samsung TV Built in Freeview not working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Please Help Samsung TV Built in Freeview not working

Old 22-08-2008, 21:23   #1
beeeee
Inactive

beeeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Please Help Samsung TV Built in Freeview not working

Hi Guys,
I hope someone can help me.

I have a samsung 40" widescreen tv it has built in freeview - working perfectly for 18months.

My freeview has stopped working completely. When i use the menu to search for channels the satellite icon is greyed out.

I have tried going through the menu to see if a setting has been changed - but i can't see what it can be.

Any ideas - i can't live on channel 1-5!!! lol
Thank you
B x
beeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2008, 17:05   #2
stenelly
Inactive

stenelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Please Help Samsung TV Built in Freeview not working

have you tryed a factory reset . if you have unset something this will rectify the problem otherwise its a TV engineer you want
stenelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 11:42   #3
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Check you haven't just switched the tv to analogue. There should be a D/A or similar button on the remote.
Old 27-08-2008, 21:53   #4
Quam256
Inactive

Services: XL,Phone and 60mb .
Quam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of light

Not saying this is the problem you have ,but there has been a update done that has stopped certain decoders from working .
Check out link below .
http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/freeviewlandfill.html
Quam256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35   #5
skoros

Unhappy Re: Please Help Samsung TV Built in Freeview not working

Dtv in my samsung le40r88bdx/xeu is not working. I hear sound form the d channels but not a picture at all. Can you help? I reset already but still the same...