Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | viewing the hidden partition in vista

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

viewing the hidden partition in vista

Old 06-05-2008, 18:52   #1
davidoc
Inactive

davidoc is an unknown quantity at this point
viewing the hidden partition in vista

make LogiQ
O/S..windows vista home premium 32 bit
Ram = 2gig
processor 1.80 ghz

Does anybody know how to view the hidden partition where my windows is installed from...I had no disc with the pc as windows was pre-installed and if I want to re-install windows I have to do it from the partition...but what I would like to do is to make a copy of it just in case my hard drive ever goes kaput on me.
when i go to my computer it does not show it.

thanks guys......Dave
davidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2008, 18:55   #2
zing_deleted

Re: viewing the hidden partition in vista

F8 at boot up will give you boot options (think this was answered on here somewhere recent ill see if i can find it) If its nto it might be F11 or F12
Old 06-05-2008, 18:56   #3
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

Have you not got an option in your start menu called create recovery disk or something similar to that?
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 19:01   #4
zing_deleted

yes this has been answered for you. Have you tried the F8
Old 06-05-2008, 19:04   #5
davidoc
Inactive

i do not want to reformat for that I just press F8 upon boot....which is all ok as long as the hard drive is ok...but just in case I would to make an installation disc...I am thinking that if I could see it then I could burn a copy of it onto a DVD...or am I thinking along the wrong lines.
Old 06-05-2008, 19:08   #6
zing_deleted

well you could create one using norton ghost or some free disk imaging software (google is your friend)
Old 06-05-2008, 19:19   #7
davidoc
Inactive

Thanks zinglebarb,,,but if i was to do that would i not have to be able to view the partition in order to copy it.
Old 06-05-2008, 19:47   #8
zing_deleted

no I mean make a back up of the installed working xp you have now
so it will recover to todays state
Old 06-05-2008, 20:33   #9
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

what you need to do is click on the start menu and there should, be a option that says the make of your pc. then in there should be an option to burn recovery disks if not you need to phone the manufacturer as they by law have to give a option, to burn these disks as most of the times, if there is a fault with the machine they will ask you to try to restore back to factory settings. i have had to do this many a times when i worked for comet for customers.

as acer use acer e-recovery management
hp use a hp option in the start menu under programs
and so do nearly all the other manufacturers.
as i said by law they have to provide a option to burn the discs as, they do not by law now have to provide a windows install disc due to the copying of the discs.
my advice phone the manufacturer for help.