Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving team lost my phoneline

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving team lost my phoneline

Old 14-06-2007, 19:02   #1
Cilonen
Inactive

Cilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the rough
Moving team lost my phoneline

We're due to move home in a couple of weeks, so noting the useful info on the forum about giving VM plenty of notice I rang the moving team 3 days ago.
All seemed fine, "Yes sir, no problem, we'll disconnect your service on the 26th, and the engineer will be with you at your new home on the 27th. You'll still have your existing e-mail address, same services, only your phone number will change" (we're moving to a different area code).

Half an hour later, the phone line goes dead.
Checked faults - none listed for the area.
Checked with moving - "No sir, you're down to be disconnected on the 26th"
Checked again with faults - did a line test - "Oh dear, the number has been disconnected at exchange, don't know how that happened. We can get it back for you, it'll take 24 hours"

Three days later, still no phone line
At least the broadband is still running (for now!), but I'm starting to worry that many other problems will arise once the move has taken place.

Can I face another 20+ mins on hold for CS (from the mobi) to try and get this fixed (assuming anyone there has their brain switched on today), or shall I just forget it and accept the massive mobi bill that will arise from ringing all the bloody 0870 numbers every damn utility company uses now when I give the final readings, etc?

Ladies & Gents, vote now...
Cilonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2007, 20:11   #2
KeyserSoze1978
Inactive

KeyserSoze1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Moving team lost my phoneline

What is your post code, and last 4 digits of your a/c number?
KeyserSoze1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 22:13   #3
Cilonen
Inactive

Cilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the rough

KeyserSoze

just PM'd the info to you.

Cheers!
Cilonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 22:21   #4
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground

I hope you didn't give any other details... This guy is a first time poster, didn't you realise that? Asking for your postcode and last four digit of the a/c number he might be able to get the rest of the beginning of the number from that...

Lets hope not.
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 22:34   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground View Post
I hope you didn't give any other details... This guy is a first time poster, didn't you realise that? Asking for your postcode and last four digit of the a/c number he might be able to get the rest of the beginning of the number from that...

Lets hope not.
Indeed.

KeyserSoze1978: Thanx for offering to help. We like to publically verify VM employees though for the protection of our users.

Would you mind please PMing a member of the team with your VM email address please? It would also give you access to VM-only content.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 12:48   #6
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
It would also give you access to VM-only content.
Would you care to expand on that?
NTLVictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 13:07   #7
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Moving team lost my phoneline

Yes i would like to know as well
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 13:09   #8
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Nope

PM a member of the team with your VM e-mail address and find out
punky is offline   Reply With Quote