Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | what does "PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

what does "PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE"

Old 27-07-2004, 13:48   #1
heyyo
Inactive

heyyo is an unknown quantity at this point
what does "PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE"

I am filling in application form, at the top it is headed

PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE
What does this exactly mean?
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2004, 13:50   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: what does "PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE"

ermmm.. that you need to submit 3 copies of it?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 13:53   #3
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
ermmm.. that you need to submit 3 copies of it?
Exactly.

NB it is probably an initiative test, many people would either not see that or not do it..... resulting in an unsuccessful application.
Old 27-07-2004, 13:55   #4
heyyo
Inactive

heyyo is an unknown quantity at this point

cool I thought it meant that just wanted to make sure. Cheers
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 14:18   #5
Graham

I'm not saying a word in this thread...!
Old 27-07-2004, 14:21   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Graham, put it away!
Old 27-07-2004, 15:03   #7
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

they just print it on so you get stung with the photocopying charges, rather than them
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 18:18   #8
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Of course, you could have said it in triplicate, "I'm not saying a word, a word, a word in this thread...!"

EDIT Or to quote Bonnie Dundee, "Let Mons Meg and her marrers speak twa words or three."
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 18:19   #9
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
they just print it on so you get stung with the photocopying charges, rather than them
Hands up those old enough to remember carbon paper.
Old 27-07-2004, 18:24   #10
Dave Stones
Inactive

Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age

im only 19 and ive had to use it in my short life

the coursework submission forms we have at uni use carbon paper and triplicate

top form is white, we keep that as a receipt, bottom form is yellow and goes somewhere, and very bottom form is pink and gets returned with the marked coursework

you can have fun with carbon paper and random writings sometimes
Old 27-07-2004, 18:26   #11
Theodoric
Inactive

Quote:
im only 19 and ive had to use it in my short life

the coursework submission forms we have at uni use carbon paper and triplicate

top form is white, we keep that as a receipt, bottom form is yellow and goes somewhere, and very bottom form is pink and gets returned with the marked coursework

you can have fun with carbon paper and random writings sometimes
Ah, but do you have the fancy modern stuff that, unlike your old fashioned carbon paper, doesn't leave your fingers a nice shade of blue (or black)?
Old 27-07-2004, 18:30   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Hands up those of you who remember banding machines?I do not miss them one bit.

I fell down on my knees in celebration when my school got a duplicator.
Old 27-07-2004, 18:31   #13
Dave Stones
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Hands up those of you who remember banding machines?I do not miss them one bit.

I fell down on my knees in celebration when my school got a duplicator.
do they automatically put rubber bands around things?

and what's a duplicator? is that like an old photocopier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodoric
Ah, but do you have the fancy modern stuff that, unlike your old fashioned carbon paper, doesn't leave your fingers a nice shade of blue (or black)?
yes we don't all live in the dark ages you know you wouldn't even know this was carbon paper if it didn't have the copy things underneath....none of that old fashioned crapness with a pad of black in between the documents, or whatever the hell it used to be...
Old 27-07-2004, 18:37   #14
Theodoric
Inactive

Quote:
do they automatically put rubber bands around things?

and what's a duplicator? is that like an old photocopier?

<Snip>
Depends how far back you want to go. The original one was called, IIRC, a Gestetner. It involved some horrible purple jelly-like substance. And now we have photocopiers that do multiple copies, collate, staple and everything except read the document for you.
Old 27-07-2004, 18:40   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric
Depends how far back you want to go. The original one was called, IIRC, a Gestetner. It involved some horrible purple jelly-like substance. And now we have photocopiers that do multiple copies, collate, staple and everything except read the document for you.
Oh yes awful,awful things.

I used to get high on the meths type smell though.