Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Free V6 box

Old 24-01-2018, 12:15   #31
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Free V6 box

You WONT need to enter a new contract to get a free box swap.
Old 24-01-2018, 16:24   #32
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Proper annoying that a high payer on VIP bundle with 1 V6 I don't qualify to get the old, clicking . slow TiVo replaced but others paying hardly anything do.
Great policy
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 16:28   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
Proper annoying that a high payer on VIP bundle with 1 V6 I don't qualify to get the old, clicking . slow TiVo replaced but others paying hardly anything do.
Great policy
I would give them a call and make a fuss, i am sure you will get it replaced eventually.
Old 24-01-2018, 17:22   #34
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I would give them a call and make a fuss, i am sure you will get it replaced eventually.
I would tell them it is missing recordings, keeps needing resetting etc and see where you get.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 17:31   #35
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
Great policy
The current VIP bundle comes with two Virgin TV V6 boxes, so you should see what options you have to change to the current version of VIP and get the two V6 boxes.

This particular activity is to ensure every TV bundle customer has one Virgin TV V6. Even if I didn't work for Virgin Media, I can only see this as a good thing to help as many customers as possible get the same TV experience.
Old 24-01-2018, 17:32   #36
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Here is an article about the free upgrade. Notice they are confirming that they will be more proactive on commissioning OTT content. This is where our new stuff will come from, I think, rather than new channels.

http://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/...pgrade-scheme/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 18:58   #37
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

I have a couple of vhd boxes.I pay £6 p.m. extra for the second one.Do you think it will just be straight swops(self installs?)and the second charge stays the same.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 23:38   #38
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty similar to the previous query. Currently got a Tivo and a V+ box, will they upgrade just one or both boxes?

And would there be any extra monthly charge? (like there used to be for making your second box a Tivo too). Already paying over £100pm at the moment.
Rjs37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 23:48   #39
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Phone them up.
Old 25-01-2018, 10:39   #40
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
I have a couple of vhd boxes.I pay £6 p.m. extra for the second one.Do you think it will just be straight swops(self installs?)and the second charge stays the same.
I've got a tivo and a vhd.

Rang up about this offer a few months ago, when they were charging the £20. Didn't want to swap the Tivo, ever so fond of it's scart output, but wanted to swap the Vhd for a V6. There was an extra monthly charge, reason being it was a recordable box, has this changed ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 11:43   #41
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I'm getting impression from some places that you need a Superhub 3 for a V6. Is SH2 not compatible in some way?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 11:45   #42
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

SuperHub 2 and 2ac are currently compatible, however Virgin Media will offer the Hub 3.0 quite often along with the V6.
Old 25-01-2018, 11:47   #43
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
SuperHub 2 and 2ac are currently compatible, however Virgin Media will offer the Hub 3.0 quite often along with the V6.
Thanks BenMcr. Wowsers that was a speedy reply!
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 14:02   #44
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Agreed, however there could be technical issues - are the recordings stored in the same format on V6 boxes compared with legacy boxes?
Possibly - but this is the biggest hurdle I have. I've never quite agreed with the idea of the V6 sharing my home broadband, much prefer the idea of the box having dedicated connections.

But inability to transfer recordings when we don't watch some programs until well beyond 3/4 weeks after broadcast..that's my issue. I know you can rely on OD services upto a point, but it's still a pain when I'm pretty happy with my 1Tb box in the grand scheme.

I know one day probably within 18months I'll changeover, but I find my Tivo performs perfectly well and "if it ain't broke"...
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 14:27   #45
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I do not want SH3, will I still be able to have the V6?
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote