Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ultrabrite Smart Plugs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Ultrabrite Smart Plugs

Old 24-02-2021, 22:31   #1
Liz25
cf.member

Liz25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ultrabrite Smart Plugs

Hi, I am new to this site. I was wondering if anyone managed to successfully configure an Ultrabrite smart plug with Google speakers? I bought it in Poundland. It's switching on as it should but not connecting to my wi-fi. I'm with Talk Talk. I haven't had any problems setting up my Google speakers but I can't get the plug to connect. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any information that might help. Best wishes, Liz
Liz25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2021, 22:50   #2
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Ultrabrite Smart Plugs

Hi Liz and welcome to the forum. I had similar difficulties with Alexa as you have to set up an account with the Ultrabrite app and add the "skill" to Alexa using the Alexa app and link the accounts.

Also the model I have only works on 2.4Ghz networks not 5 GHz.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 05:40   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I think all smart plugs work on 2.4 Ghz only.

Most (not all) will work with the Smart Life app as well, which is easy to use, and easy to link to Alexa.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 18:58   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

i couldn't get the plugs to configure using this software. I used the smart life software to setup and configure and i have 6 of these plugs.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:49   #5
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

I downloaded TCP smart app and they all work great. You have to disable 5G on the super hub.

Works on bulbs and plugs.

Dose anyone know if the Lidl stuff works without its hub. I was hopping eWelink app would do it

Last edited by JMcB; 25-02-2021 at 20:53.
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 13:37   #6
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Right i have an issue with these plugs since a change of router.

I was using a Netgear X6 Nighthawk R8000 using DDWRT. This failed and ive now had to fall back on a spare Asus RT-AC87u.

I couldnt get the plugs to connect at all and i removed them from the list of devices and tried readding them on the 2.4Ghz network as it suggested, now i hold the button to get the light to flash and i follow the app instructions, the light stops flashing as if its been found and added but it says it cant find any devices.

Now im going into hospital for the weekend and i hope people on here will come up with some sort of recommendations for me what i can try for when i get home.

Thanks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote