Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Black Lives Matter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Black Lives Matter

Old 23-06-2020, 18:56   #721
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From the LA Times four years ago...

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...htmlstory.html
Jesus, take the stick out your arse it is funny, and like all observational comedy has a ring of truth about it, but it is clearly satire.

My post and your immediate response, perfectly sums up the world right now.

Once we lose humour we lose it all.

There was another video I saw recently where a young lady also summed up perfectly the bollocks of it all. When she said.

“ As a white person I’m not allowed to have a voice on race, but then if I don’t speak out I’m considered part of the problem”.......:..:
Old 23-06-2020, 19:19   #722
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

All Lives Matter! so we cannot say or or display print that says White Lives Matter... The aircraft towing a banner are NF, Britain First or right wing fascists were at the controls according to the press, TV news stations.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 19:20   #723
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
A public service film for our oppressed friends

https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8
The assertion was made that Floyd didn't need to be restrained and it doesn't happen to White people. Both points proven to be FAKE news.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 20:08   #724
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
All Lives Matter! so we cannot say or or display print that says White Lives Matter... The aircraft towing a banner are NF, Britain First or right wing fascists were at the controls according to the press, TV news stations.
You are being obtuse, richard. We already accept that white lives matter. However, there are too many people who don't think that black lives do.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The assertion was made that Floyd didn't need to be restrained and it doesn't happen to White people. Both points proven to be FAKE news.
The point is that by the time Floyd was out of the car he was NOT resisting arrest. All they needed to do was to handcuff him.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 20:49   #725
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Jesus, take the stick out your arse it is funny, and like all observational comedy has a ring of truth about it, but it is clearly satire.

My post and your immediate response, perfectly sums up the world right now.

Once we lose humour we lose it all.

There was another video I saw recently where a young lady also summed up perfectly the bollocks of it all. When she said.

As a white person I’m not allowed to have a voice on race, but then if I don’t speak out I’m considered part of the problem”.......:..:
A) ah, but the problem is a lot of people don’t see it as satire...

B) That’s complete rubbish - the problem is that a considerable number of people don’t think there’s a problem, and that’s their "voice on race".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 21:03   #726
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are being obtuse, richard. We already accept that white lives matter. However, there are too many people who don't think that black lives do.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

The point is that by the time Floyd was out of the car he was NOT resisting arrest. All they needed to do was to handcuff him.
Handcuffed doesn't mean you are immobile. You can still thrash around and/or spit on people. One of the 2 non-White officers was kneeling on his chest.
Link

Quote:
It is known that death from positional asphyxia can emerge in several ways, such as the external breathing suppression when the victim‘s torso is compressed or deformed.
A certain restricted posture of the neck (e.g., hyperflexion or hyperextension) can cause partial or complete airway obstruction. Lastly, the compression or flexion of the torso reduces total lung volume, functional residual capacity and pulmonary expansion, eventually making breathing ineffective
Being handcuffed with your arms behind your back probably also doesn't help. Try it with your own arms behind your back(no need to get out the handcuffs)

It was up to the one or both of the other officers to determine when it was ok to try and get him back in the car. They were the ones with the initial arrest, and they were the ones getting him out of the car. He had to be forcibly removed from the vehicle he was in. That clearly was an indication he wasn't coming quietly and peacefully.

The pressure on his neck can't have been that great, as he can be seen easily moving his jaw and head to a reasonable degree.

Of course a non-white officer actually being responsible doesn't fit the agenda.

The defence lawyers should also be able to figure these things out, which should make the results of any trial interesting.
Old 23-06-2020, 21:06   #727
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A) ah, but the problem is a lot of people don’t see it as satire...
Who exactly? Were polls taken? After every episode of Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, and pretty much every comedy show, are polls taken to make sure the audience understand that it is comedy?

No they are not, the quote from the LA times you posted is 1no. Persons opinion piece. It is not “a lot if people”. I don’t even know what you consider “a lot” to be? Ev3n the author of the post you quoted uses vague terms such as “some” people. Is their “some” equal to your “ a lot”

It’s tripe. And you should know better at your age.

Quote:
B) That’s complete rubbish - the problem is that a considerable number of people don’t think there’s a problem, and that’s their "voice on race".
So if I, for example, had an opinion as a white middle aged male, a considered and objective opinion on the matter. That did not fit with the BLM narrative. Then I could express that, no problem, I wouldn’t be attacked, I would be listened to, objectively, and if and were appropriate challenged in a non-violent and threatening way?

Bollocks Hugh and you know it.
Old 23-06-2020, 21:32   #728
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

I think the consensus is that while the force used was within proceedure for subduing someone and wouldn't normally kill someone, the about of time he did it while he was pleading for help was criminally negligent hence the second degree murder charge.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Quote:
So if I, for example, had an opinion as a white middle aged male, a considered and objective opinion on the matter. That did not fit with the BLM narrative. Then I could express that, no problem, I wouldn’t be attacked, I would be listened to, objectively, and if and were appropriate challenged in a non-violent and threatening way?

Bollocks Hugh and you know it.
I guarantee you people of any race who themselves aren't very left wing or explicitly hate Britain think we are crazy for putting up with this.
Old 23-06-2020, 21:44   #729
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
They think that the BBC's constitutional obligation to host him is an endorsement.
There's no constitutional need to have someone from an obscure party with no MPs on speed dial last time I checked. But I digress.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Quote:
I can imagine some people being a bit flaky and not expressing their views openly but I can't see you being one of them.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 21:55   #730
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think the consensus is that while the force used was within proceedure for subduing someone and wouldn't normally kill someone, the about of time he did it while he was pleading for help was criminally negligent hence the second degree murder charge.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I guarantee you people of any race who themselves aren't very left wing or explicitly hate Britain think we are crazy for putting up with this.
But as I've pointed out, the real problem would've been the non-white officer kneeling on his chest, yet unsurprisingly he's not facing the more serious charges.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
There's no constitutional need to have someone from an obscure party with no MPs on speed dial last time I checked. But I digress.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

I can imagine some people being a bit flaky and not expressing their views openly but I can't see you being one of them.
It's one thing expressing views in a relatively anonymous forum such as this, but try it less anonymously and more openly and see what happens.
Old 23-06-2020, 22:29   #731
downquark1
cf.mega poster

downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
But as I've pointed out, the real problem would've been the non-white officer kneeling on his chest, yet unsurprisingly he's not facing the more serious charges.
Is this the chap who was only in his 2nd week on the job? Accessory to murder is a hefty charge for an American police officer. I don't think they are getting away leniently.
Old 23-06-2020, 22:39   #732
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Is this the chap who was only in his 2nd week on the job? Accessory to murder is a hefty charge for an American police officer. I don't think they are getting away leniently.
Compared to Chauvin and second degree murder for which he isn't responsible?
Old 23-06-2020, 22:40   #733
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Compared to Chauvin and second degree murder for which he isn't responsible?
He was the commanding officer, there's good reason to take him as responsible.
Old 23-06-2020, 23:24   #734
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
He was the commanding officer, there's good reason to take him as responsible.
That's not the reason though. It's because 1) it's being made all about the neck, 2) he's white. Where else has it been said that pressure on the chest was the source of the problem? The other non-white officer(Thao) involved was just standing there. He is the one who was in the position of being free to assess matters. All Chauvin could've done is ask the others if he was stable enough to allow up. The relative positions were a result of how the situation arose. The 2 inexperienced officers were the ones with the initial arrest and pulled him out of the patrol car.

The reasons for it NOT being about heavy pressure on the neck are, 1) he wouldn't have been able to say anything at all(talking requires that you move air, ie breathe, through the larynx), 2) he can be seen moving his jaw to talk, 3) he can be seen moving his head slightly.

Link
The other white officer
Quote:
A criminology graduate from the University of Minnesota, Mr Lane used to work as a guard at a juvenile detention centre and volunteered to mentor Somali school children.
Old 23-06-2020, 23:40   #735
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
But for some viewers, this context has been lost and the old video has taken on a strange second life as a rallying point that allows some people to avoid the difficult discussion of racism.]
I think Hugh just won the prize for the best post of the modern era