Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

Old 17-09-2021, 11:17   #16
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Bought the 12 Pro last year, no intention of upgrading there’s not enough of an increase to warrant the cost.

12 pro is axed but you can buy officially refurbished.

I would have gone for the 12 Pro but seriously thinking the 13 Pro now.

Never got on with Android devices. Find them a rela pain and having a million more settings makes it a lot more confusing. They've also always got real slow over time in my opinion.

I like the fact IOS just does what it needs it to do. Easy to use, easy to navigate.

As someone who loves tkaing photos, the camera is very imnportant to me too.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2021, 16:03   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Never got on with Android devices. Find them a rela pain and having a million more settings makes it a lot more confusing. They've also always got real slow over time in my opinion.

I like the fact IOS just does what it needs it to do. Easy to use, easy to navigate.

As someone who loves taking photos, the camera is very important to me too.

TBH you are better off buying a proper camera, I bought a Nikon D5600 with 18-55 mm kit lens in 2019 for £650 then later a Tamrom 18-400 mm telephoto lens for £650.

I have taken some superb photos, I will when I get a job buy a lens up to 600 mm or 800 mm, but then you are looking up to £2,000.
Old 17-09-2021, 16:27   #18
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
TBH you are better off buying a proper camera.

I own a Nikon DSLR with 18-105 and 70-300 lenses but it's not everyday that you have your big SLR at hand for that quick pic. I can;'t exactly fit it in my pocket.

I use the SLR when going out for the intention of photography but also like to have my phone too. Both devices can achieve results.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 19:06   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

No, i have a Samsung S20 FE 5G which is a fantastic phone with a good camera and screen for the £500 i paid, basically it's perfect so why pay silly money?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 17-09-2021 at 19:13.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 19:17   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No, i have a Samsung S20 FE 5G which is a fantastic phone with a good camera and screen for the £500 i paid, basically it's perfect so why pay silly money?
£500 for a phone is silly money to me....
I've ever paid more than £200 and they seem to everything these silly money phones do, even phone calls!
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 20:05   #21
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

As someone who loves tkaing photos, the camera is very imnportant to me too.
Unlike Apple they never slow down do they ? oh wait Apple have beee known to deliberately slow down devices
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 21:34   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I've ever paid more than £200 and they seem to everything these silly money phones do, even phone calls!
I can understand £500 being alot to some although i don't really make many calls on it, it is mainly for Internet access and photos and its specs are great for that price in my opinion.
Old 17-09-2021, 23:31   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I paid £160 for my A41.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 23:36   #24
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

I think my 12 Pro is about £75 a month on an all you can eat plan, however, thankfully work pick up the bill.

I don’t mind Apple kit, modern windows laptops are getting just as difficult to tear down. The M1 Apple silicon is very good and already has intel & amd deeply worried, the next iteration even more so.
Old 17-09-2021, 23:44   #25
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Huawei Honor 9 Lite here, I used Samsung phones for years. Never had an iPhone, but do have a 12.9" iPad Pro 2020 which is a good bit of kit, especially if you like creating art. Procreate is amazing.

If I had to buy another smartphone, I'd be looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro or something similar.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 15:13   #26
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

I currently have an iPhone 11 Max Pro, so due an upgrade. Ordered the iPhone 13 Max Pro with 512Gb storage because it's actually less per month than my current phone (although I could move to SIM only).

The 13 Pro Max doesn't have anything massive over the 11 that I need. Sure, there's LIDAR. There's new lenses and as with Halcyon, I too like my photography, but for times when I don't have the DLSR with me, the iPhone does an ok job. No real comparison to a DSLR, but for a regular print out to pop on a shelf in a frame, most people won't notice the imperfections.

However, batteries will deteriorate over time, so a couple of years between upgrades is fine (thus most people complain about company given iPhones as they are usually older models and most often, already used for a few years). a £1200 phone does sound a lot, but I will use it every single day for a lot of things. If I break that down, it costs me about 1.65 a day over the 2 years I will use it. This is how I tend to work out if something is worth the money to me. I'm happy with that. It's less than a coffee a day and less than a takeaway a week, which most people will happily pay. We don't tend to bother with takeaways very often.

Holidays however... £3000 for a week away pains me. Massively. I cannot justify that kind of spend, but the wife can. It's not all about me, so it gets paid. She gets her holiday, I can buy a phone I like.

Last edited by idi banashapan; 19-09-2021 at 15:17.
idi banashapan is offline   Reply With Quote