Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 20:50   #3961
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're just being difficult. You know exactly that the EU will punish the UK in any possible way at the drop of a hat.
And you are just being selective in your ire - you suffer from confirmation bias if the EU does something wrong, but if other countries do the same thing, you just ignore it/shrug it off..
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2021, 21:01   #3962
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And you are just being selective in your ire - you suffer from confirmation bias if the EU does something wrong, but if other countries do the same thing, you just ignore it/shrug it off..
I'm quite sure that the EU sits back with a smirk of satisfaction that they've disreputed a British product. They (i.e. the EU countries) can hide behind the scientific advice that there wasn't enough AZ data covering over-65s; but then the EMA and the UK approved it. That, in turn has caused public rejection and political gobshites, Macron in particular, now having to retract their smirks.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 04-03-2021, 21:40   #3963
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
This is a chance for the UK to immediately fill the gap to "our Australian friends".
I'm not sure AstraZeneca would be allowed to slow the UK vaccination programme down by exporting vaccinations from the UK right now. In the future, yes.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote:
I'm quite sure that the EU sits back with a smirk of satisfaction that they've disreputed a British product. They (i.e. the EU countries) can hide behind the scientific advice that there wasn't enough AZ data covering over-65s; but then the EMA and the UK approved it. That, in turn has caused public rejection and political gobshites, Macron in particular, now having to retract their smirks.
The EMA approved it.

What's held it back is sovereign EU countries placing more restrictions on its use. Furthermotre countries like France are traditionally more vaccine-averse than the UK. Plus AstraZeneca is not an experienced vaccine manufacturer (unlike say Merck) so made a few submission mistakes.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:07   #3964
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Australia should be coming online with home grown AZ vaccine soon. It's going to made at CSL near Melbourne. Here's a really nice article on how the vaccine is made - https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...uring/13140104
Old 05-03-2021, 11:05   #3965
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm not sure AstraZeneca would be allowed to slow the UK vaccination programme down by exporting vaccinations from the UK right now. In the future, yes.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

<snip>
I think more on the lines of the UK government allowing the sending of vaccine doses to replace those the Italians are blocking.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:43   #3966
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I think more on the lines of the UK government allowing the sending of vaccine doses to replace those the Italians are blocking.
There is no spare AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK to send outside the country. It's all committed to our vaccination programme. Export it and the UK vaccination programme slows down.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Australia should be coming online with home grown AZ vaccine soon. It's going to made at CSL near Melbourne. Here's a really nice article on how the vaccine is made - https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...uring/13140104
Neat article.
The home-grown manufacturing probably explains in part Australia's muted reaction to Italy's export ban.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:53   #3967
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Yes - that's what I suggested and it's good politics.

Old 05-03-2021, 13:08   #3968
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

So, the EU based factories making the AZ vaccine cannot produce enough to meet demand, they can go whistle for UK produced vaccine. Australia based factories making the AZ vaccine cannot produce enough to meet demand, fill your boots...
Old 05-03-2021, 13:40   #3969
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
So, the EU based factories making the AZ vaccine cannot produce enough to meet demand, they can go whistle for UK produced vaccine. Australia based factories making the AZ vaccine cannot produce enough to meet demand, fill your boots...
"Perfidious ****, disreputed, gobshites, vindictive, drop of a hat, pig headed, self righteous, pompous, etc., etc."

Let the emotive vitriolic diatribes begin!

Last edited by Hugh; 05-03-2021 at 14:17.
Old 05-03-2021, 14:00   #3970
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
"Perfidious ****, disreputed, gobshites, vindictive, drop of a hat, pig headed, self rightious, pompous, etc., etc."

Let the emotive vitriolic diatribes begin!
Leave me alone. Go and troll someone else.

And please don't attribute "perfidious ****" to me. Apology expected.

Old 05-03-2021, 14:05   #3971
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Not me though i don't want it.
Old 05-03-2021, 14:07   #3972
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Do we now campaign for the USA to approve the AZ vaccine or are they allowed to continue clinical trials?
Old 05-03-2021, 14:14   #3973
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

What makes you think the comment was about you?
Old 05-03-2021, 14:19   #3974
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
What makes you think the comment was about you?
Stop it.

Old 05-03-2021, 14:23   #3975
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Do we now campaign for the USA to approve the AZ vaccine or are they allowed to continue clinical trials?
You're great value, I'll give you that.

Personally I don't care whether the German or the French governments approve of the AstraZeneca vaccine or not, except in the sense that it's mildly entertaining watching them sabotage their own vaccination programmes even as they desperately try to big up European endeavour post-Brexit. Whether or not individual national medicines agencies have acted truly without political interference is neither here nor there. The politically-inspired messaging that followed those decisions in certain key EU member states is the reason they are having vaccine uptake problems now.

Over in the USA, the FDA is being famously slow. It is well known for shredding conclusions offered to them by drug companies, going back to the raw data, examining it closely and forming conclusions of its own from scratch. This takes time. Are they prioritising domestic vaccine producers as well? Probably. Do I care ... no.

Italy's export refusal is the more interesting development this week. For my money that is more likely to have a long-term effect on levels of trust between nations, although I also note Australia doesn't seem enormously concerned. This is most likely due to their low infection rates and the fact that domestic production of AZ is about to begin.
Closed Thread