Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 03-02-2012, 09:05   #586
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Heres a in-flight problem that will ruin you trousers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf F-15.pdf (501.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-02-2012, 14:51   #587
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Heres a in-flight problem that will ruin you trousers.

Dam open office it had deleted all the pictures, sorry guys I'll redo this using Word and re upload.
Old 24-02-2012, 18:53   #588
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Not a plane, but watch the video first

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16176212
Old 26-02-2012, 18:04   #589
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Dam open office it had deleted all the pictures, sorry guys I'll redo this using Word and re upload.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/F15-crash.shtml
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:39   #590
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Chengdu, China, 26 February 2012 – A very nice video of this year's 7th and 8th test flight of the China's fifth generation Chengdu J-20 'Black Eagle' stealth fighter. On the video the aircraft performs low altitude passes, vertical climbs etc.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a4_1330379611
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:50   #591
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

If it's anything like the J-10/Typhoon comparison it'll be a poor cousin to the Raptor. I believe there's no thrust vectoring and the stealth rating isn't as good with a lot higher radar return
Old 02-03-2012, 18:11   #592
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Not really plane spotting but the factory that built the Lancaster has finally closed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17234626
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 18:26   #593
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Off to heathrow (terminal one) tomorrow.

Now I did promise Peter I'd show him some planes.... Is there some kind of observation deck there or something?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 18:51   #594
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Important information for those who go to the airports to see/photo the planes.

I have been told that Stansted Airport is having a restricted view, and have to go to designated areas and I believe you have to go via clubs.

I guess this will apply to other UK airports.

This is around the olympics and I don't now how long.

If you are going there, call the airports info line.
Old 02-03-2012, 18:59   #595
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Off to heathrow (terminal one) tomorrow.

Now I did promise Peter I'd show him some planes.... Is there some kind of observation deck there or something?
I remember going as a child with my Dad to the viewing area at Terminal one many years ago. Unfortunately it closed after IRA bombings on the UK mainland.

Quote:
VIEWING
You can view the airport runways and aircraft from the The Tin Goose and Cafe Nero at Terminal 1. The viewing area on the top of terminal is closed for the foreseeable future due to security concerns. You can get some decent views from the top of the short term car parks at terminals 2, and 3 although this is not actually allowed unfortunately. A popular viewing point is the car park at the Heathrow Academy which overlooks the northern runway. Also some enthusiasts book appropriate rooms at the Renaissance Hotel for runway views and photo opportunities.
Link
Old 02-03-2012, 19:39   #596
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cheers - I will see what I can do when I get there. Have to go as we are dropping off someone for a flight anyway.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 20:19   #597
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
If it's anything like the J-10/Typhoon comparison it'll be a poor cousin to the Raptor. I believe there's no thrust vectoring and the stealth rating isn't as good with a lot higher radar return
it might be a "poor" showing but it will be better than most of its neighbors in that area (okay ignoring South Korea and Japan)

From looking at the video it might not be the most agile of fighters but from reading on Wiki about it it might be more classed as a light bomber or Awacs killer.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:51   #598
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Our carrier strategy seems to be in a bit of a mess...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17233867
Old 03-03-2012, 16:16   #599
Kymmy
Inactive

In 2007 there was reports of possibly using a modified Typhoon. It would be a lot cheaper than the JSF with better capabilities. They were already modifying the carriers for catapults and arrestors so it broadens the range of aircraft that can be used. I wonder if anything ever came of the possible mods?
Old 03-03-2012, 19:38   #600
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

kimmy as far as i know that has been ditched as it failed in a bid for the Indian navy carriers air wing
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote