Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 20-08-2011, 16:48   #481
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop101 View Post
The young man in question is my workmates son, he is progressing well but has had a lot of surgery to help him recover.
That's good to hear
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2011, 17:12   #482
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
That's good to hear
Indeed i hope its true

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 17:15   #483
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The BBC have an eye witness account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14602900
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 17:32   #484
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

To be honest i feel that if the pilot had survived they would be shouting it from the roof tops by now. The fact they have not said anything yet could be because they are contacting next of kin. I bloody well hope i am wrong and the pilot is safe.

Old 20-08-2011, 18:14   #485
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Video footage of the peel-off which shows the 2nd plane to peel dropping below the horizon.. If it was a standard diamond formation then it would be RED8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14602900

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

I see that the daily mirror is describing the pilot in the headline as "severly injured" yet admits that there is no word on the pilot in the story.. tricks like that make me sick
Old 20-08-2011, 18:29   #486
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

I see that the daily mirror is describing the pilot in the headline as "severly injured" yet admits that there is no word on the pilot in the story.. tricks like that make me sick
Typical reporting by one of the comics

Old 20-08-2011, 18:44   #487
Tuftus

Just seen this news, my fingers are crossed for the Pilot.
Old 20-08-2011, 20:22   #488
Kymmy
Inactive

unconfirmed agin but sounds promising

Quote:
"One of the local farmers said they'd seen rescue teams pulling the pilot out of the river."

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Pilot has died, confirmed as RED4 Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging

RIP Jon and thanks for all the enjoyment you've given people in your life
Old 20-08-2011, 20:23   #489
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Just confirmed on BBC 24hour service. Red4 pilot did not survive the crash.

Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging.

I watched you at Scampton so many times. RIP.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 20:34   #490
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sad news indeed

R.I.P Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging

Quote:
Group Captain Simon Blake, the Commandant of the RAF's Central Flying School, said Flight Lieutenant Egging was a "gifted aviator" who flew in the "most demanding position" of the formation - on the right hand outside of the diamond

Old 20-08-2011, 21:17   #491
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

So sad to hear the news I love watching the Red Arrows and lucky to listen them training. Odd jokes/singing when they pass time while travelling back to lincolnshire after shows. Real characters close knit comardary between them.

R.I.P Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging (RED4)

Kymmy thanks for that link about his career.

condolences to his wife Emma for her loss of her husband.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 23:24   #492
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

RIP Flt Lt Jon Egging - Per Ardua Ad Astra.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 08:35   #493
Kymmy
Inactive

Another crash in Alaska, 12 dead

Quote:
A Boeing 737 charter jet has crashed in Canada's Arctic region, killing 12 people and injuring three others.

The First Air flight was travelling from Yellowknife to Resolute Bay, when it came down not far from its destination.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14605410
Old 21-08-2011, 10:09   #494
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

RIP Mr Egging, my Heart to your family

They and Us are proud of You,
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 11:38   #495
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Hi,

I was at the Bournemouth Air Festival yesterday. We heard nothing of the crash until we were in the car on the way home - nothing announced at the festival.

Some of the display was delayed for a while due to "issues at the airport".

Here's some photos I took yesterday during the Red arrows display.

RIP RIP Flt Lt Jon Egging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5714_RIP_RED4v2.jpg (288.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5734_edited-1.jpg (212.4 KB, 12 views)