Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY employees friends and family codes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY employees friends and family codes

Old 11-12-2012, 10:47   #16
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: SKY employees friends and family codes

Exclude Sky movies and Sports and VM appears cheaper.
With Tivo and V+HD boxes in two rooms, Weekend phone, and XL TV which includes ESPN, and 60Mbps broadband -I only pay £58 per month
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02   #17
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
With Tivo and V+HD boxes in two rooms, Weekend phone, and XL TV which includes ESPN, and 60Mbps broadband -I only pay £58 per month
Crazy how the prices work. VM were charging me £49 for M+, 20Mbps broadband and the inclusive phone line, which a year ago they were only charging me £32.

Going through the options with them the only way I could get a good deal was to spend even more money with them.

Have a feeling some will switch every year to get the best deals, unless they are really happy where they are.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24   #18
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Crazy how the prices work. VM were charging me £49 for M+, 20Mbps broadband and the inclusive phone line, which a year ago they were only charging me £32.

Going through the options with them the only way I could get a good deal was to spend even more money with them.

Have a feeling some will switch every year to get the best deals, unless they are really happy where they are.
I checked my current offering with the new packages and it worked out cheaper. So I started a new contract and saved £11 per month. Last time I changed the broadband speed from 30-60 and the price went down.

I'm almost sure that Sky simply make the price of Sky movies and Sky Sports artificially high to the competition, or make it considerably lower on their own package to attract customers.

Still - it's whatever suits you - I'm not a sports fan, but the cabled internet speed is much more of an attraction to me.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39   #19
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The new 12 month contract must be part of what makes the deals cheaper.

The VM fibre connection I have has been bad for jitter and packet loss for so long that I wasn't going to tie myself to them for another year. Not so interested in the TV side of things so much but did want a decent internet connection.

Switching to sky gave me double the speed 40mb (74-80mb if I pay £5 more), more/better tv channels (Sky entertainment extra vs VM M+), downgraded phone from anytime calls to just line rental/weekends, for less money.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43   #20
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
It's pretty much SKY Sports and SKY Movies plus the HD package i'm after in order to enjoy SKY 3D.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:09   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I phoned to cancel my Sky a few weeks ago. They offered little so I cancelled. They phoned me a few weeks later and offered me 25% off the stay and then, after I said I wasn't interested, offered me 50% off without HD. That was ok! £52 down to £21 or so.

Then last week I took the Money Saving Expert HD upgrade code getting me HD for 12 months at 50% too!

So Sky Sports, Sky, and Sky HD all for £27ish. Nice.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:20   #22
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I phoned to cancel my Sky a few weeks ago. They offered little so I cancelled. They phoned me a few weeks later and offered me 25% off the stay and then, after I said I wasn't interested, offered me 50% off without HD. That was ok! £52 down to £21 or so.

Then last week I took the Money Saving Expert HD upgrade code getting me HD for 12 months at 50% too!

So Sky Sports, Sky, and Sky HD all for £27ish. Nice.
It's a great deal. If you love TV, and you love HD, £27.00 per month is incredible.

SKY should get some reps on this site. I'm sure there are a few virgin fanboys who could be turned with a nice little offer code I don't care how good TiVo is, I'm going to be saving almost £600 over the next 12 months!
Old 12-12-2012, 20:58   #23
Chad
cf.mega poster

Well that's me all signed up and ready to go. TV installation date is the 20th December with my phone and broadband being installed on the 15th January.

SKY confirmed I will have SKY fibre in my area by April. Once it's rolled out I can upgrade and get it for half price for the remaining 8 months of my contract! Until then I'll have speeds between 11mb and 18mb. Even if it's less than this then I'm not too bothered. I'm only paying £3.75 per month for my unlimited broadband anyway.

I'm really looking forward to having a wide selection of channels, a wide selection of HD channels and SKY's dedicated 3D channel. I am also looking forward to having almost all new channels from launch instead of waiting years and years for them.

Whilst TiVo is a great little box all it really does is makes the best of what you've got. TiVo did unearth some gems but in the end I wanted better. The value I'm getting from SKY, and the behaviour of the person from Virgin the other night has put any doubt I had about this move right out of my head.

As a boxing fan I'll finally be able to catch everything I want to see. I'm finally be able to get Premier Sports, I'll now be able to watch the live free shows from Goodwin Promotions on Primetime and just announced today I will be able to watch the 6 live shows Frank Maloney is televising via Loaded TV on SKY channel 200. Not only that I can enjoy more boxing in HD and finally I'll be able to watch my favourite sport in 3D too.

Oh and the wife is over the moon about finally getting access to SKY Atlantic. I know it sounds cheesy however I have genuinely been excitied about the prospect of SKY being installed for about the past 24 hours.
Old 12-12-2012, 21:08   #24
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Glad you are getting it in time for Christmas - a good result for your family, and your wallet....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 21:19   #25
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Glad you are getting it in time for Christmas - a good result for your family, and your wallet....
Thanks Hugh. The crazy thing is I had no intention of moving. We recently bought a 3D TV and have watched all the 3D content on Virgin. I was a little down when the ITV HD channels didn't arrive on Virgin, and it all turned out to be false information. The final straw was the 3rd price increase within 10 months and my wife remembering out the blue her cousin works for SKY.

Whilst the deal only lasts for 12 months, I've been assured that if I play the leaving to go to Virgin card this time next year I should be able to re-contract for another 12 months with the first 6 remaining at around half price.

I'm currently getting my Mum and Dad onto this deal too. Told my colleagues at work, one of them bought a code from EBay last night for £20.00 and used it today during his lunch break. The price increases from Virgin have been a real blessing in disguise.
Old 12-12-2012, 21:48   #26
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Welcome to Sky Chad. This is where we 'Believe In Better.' Im sure you will like Sky
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 22:04   #27
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Welcome to Sky Chad. This is where we 'Believe In Better.' Im sure you will like Sky
It's not as dark over on this side as others have suggested

I've pretty much always enjoyed having Virgin services however the lack of new quality channels and content over the past 12 months, coupled with prices rises every 4 months or so, made it clear that Virgin can't deliver on my high expectations for TV entertainment and value for money.

I could have just stayed with Virgin however I don't have the same faith or resolve as others who frequent the Coming Soon thread. I went out, got what i wanted at the price I wanted and I'm chuffed to bits. It's likely I won't have to pay full price for my services until around June 2014. That's worth sacrificing some bandwidth and TiVo for everyday of the week.
Old 12-12-2012, 22:07   #28
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's not as dark over on this side as others have suggested

I've pretty much always enjoyed having Virgin services however the lack of new quality channels and content over the past 12 months, coupled with prices rises every 4 months or so, made it clear that Virgin can't deliver on my high expectations for TV entertainment and value for money.

I could have just stayed with Virgin however I don't have the same faith or resolve as others who frequent the Coming Soon thread. I went out, got what i wanted at the price I wanted and I'm chuffed to bits. It's likely I won't have to pay full price for my services until around June 2014. That's worth sacrificing some bandwidth and TiVo for everyday of the week.
Its a very good side this side

I agree VM's price rise is defo not good and Sky at the moment i think are alot better
Old 12-12-2012, 22:18   #29
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Its a very good side this side

I agree VM's price rise is defo not good and Sky at the moment i think are alot better
How many HD channels are there on SKY at the moment? Isn't there a couple of others coming soon too i.e. Film 4HD?
Old 12-12-2012, 22:41   #30
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How many HD channels are there on SKY at the moment? Isn't there a couple of others coming soon too i.e. Film 4HD?
At moment its upto 65 HD channels. Film4 HD is due in spring 2013

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

It seems i missed off More4 HD coming soon as well. Thanks MM for advising me

See link below Chad

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/...-more4-hd.html