Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

Old 17-11-2011, 00:29   #1
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

I have SKYHD and have been a sky customer since the analog days! I want to get multi room installed but the upstairs bedroom is in a converted loft space and has NO external walls (I.e. the main wall backs onto neighbour, roof is accessible but not at floor level.)

What would happen if I booked Multi room installation?
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2011, 03:28   #2
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

they would go up from the room below?
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 19:40   #3
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

once sky turn up he will cancel on the spot if there are no walls to the out side a sky installer will not install if you want it installed find a local independent installer
Old 18-11-2011, 11:04   #4
Tricky
Inactive

Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain_herts View Post
once sky turn up he will cancel on the spot if there are no walls to the out side a sky installer will not install if you want it installed find a local independent installer
Suspected that might be the case :-(
Old 24-01-2012, 19:43   #5
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

if you order multiroom and you only got a phone socket downstairs do sky engineers install phone extensions ? or is it down to the home owner ?
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:13   #6
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age

when i worked for sky at the time we had run any extensions needed but if its not easy to run them we would tell the customer they had to have it done them selfs and i still thinks it still applies
Old 24-01-2012, 20:16   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
if you order multiroom and you only got a phone socket downstairs do sky engineers install phone extensions ? or is it down to the home owner ?
I believe you can now use a wireless phone extender but you would have to purchase it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000...SIN=B000NJQHL4

Maybe ian_herts could advise I believe he worked as a Sky installer.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:36   #8
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
I have SKYHD and have been a sky customer since the analog days! I want to get multi room installed but the upstairs bedroom is in a converted loft space and has NO external walls (I.e. the main wall backs onto neighbour, roof is accessible but not at floor level.)

What would happen if I booked Multi room installation?
If you have an xbox 360 you could watch Sky on that in your converted loft space for free I think, and without the hassle of running extra cables.

just a thought
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:40   #9
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
If you have an xbox 360 you could watch Sky on that in your converted loft space for free I think, and without the hassle of running extra cables.

just a thought
That's actually a good suggestion , you can use one of your two registered Sky Go devices and it costs you nothing.
Old 24-01-2012, 20:50   #10
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That's actually a good suggestion , you can use one of your two registered Sky Go devices and it costs you nothing.
No need to sound so surprised muppetman, I do occasionally have these little sparks of inspiration
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:59   #11
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
No need to sound so surprised muppetman, I do occasionally have these little sparks of inspiration
LOL dont doubt you excellent suggestion.
Old 24-01-2012, 23:18   #12
thunderlips
Inactive

thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain_herts View Post
when i worked for sky at the time we had run any extensions needed but if its not easy to run them we would tell the customer they had to have it done them selfs and i still thinks it still applies
cheers for that ! on VM at the moment, contract is up and was looking at SKY website, !
Old 25-01-2012, 21:45   #13
Tricky
Inactive

I have found a way to get a cable into the room I need, if I do the main bits would Sky Connect onto my cable if required or am I easier booking an independent to come sort it? Need someone as recent winds have "loosened" the arm with the LMB on so getting some picture breakup on a small breeze now!!!
Old 25-01-2012, 22:20   #14
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

tricky will this be ur first multi room box as at the moment sky will offer you a free extra box which will be a skyHD not a skyHD+ box for £60 set-up or a Sky+HD 1TB for £49 + £60 setup cost.

this option will be cheaper and they will also look as ur dish for you
Old 29-01-2012, 01:08   #15
thunderlips
Inactive

do you get anytime+ box with all boxes from sky like sky hd box and multiroom boxes ?