Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | We're missing BBC One. BBC Two, ITV1,Ch4, & Five in our Freeview...why oh why?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

We're missing BBC One. BBC Two, ITV1,Ch4, & Five in our Freeview...why oh why?

Old 13-07-2009, 13:58   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: We're missing BBC One. BBC Two, ITV1,Ch4, & Five in our Freeview...why oh why?

Check post #66 of THIS THREAD on digital spy so definately the 2K COFDM issue
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2009, 14:05   #17
Indelible Man
Inactive

Services: NTL/Virgin Media Package(XL tv, Unlimited fone, M broadband)
Indelible Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: We're missing BBC One. BBC Two, ITV1,Ch4, & Five in our Freeview...why oh why?

Reception issue...I can probably manage. I'll just wait for the weather(and the signal) to be fine and will re-scan. Hopefully it will bring back those missing channels. BUT the suggested possible issue with my DVB-T tuner is the one Im not prepared...

Quote:
Check post #66 of THIS THREAD on digital spy so definately the 2K COFDM issue
The thread being implied to is dated 2005...I wonder if that is relevant?
Indelible Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 14:10   #18
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indelible Man View Post
Reception issue...I can probably manage. I'll just wait for the weather(and the signal) to be fine and will re-scan. Hopefully it will bring back those missing channels. BUT the suggested possible issue with my DVB-T tuner is the one Im not prepared...
Give panasonic a ring 0844 844 3852they'll be able to confirm whether or not it is a tuner problem. If it is you will need to buy a separate freeview box.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 14:20   #19
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The thread being implied to is dated 2005...I wonder if that is relevant?
It's when 2K COFDM was announced, not all transmitters were updated instantly.. Also until a channel scan is done it wouldn't show itself..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 11:40   #20
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Have you checked that your TV aerial is OK?

Lots of high winds & rain lately, might have moved it or got water in the coax
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 14:37   #21
Indelible Man
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
Have you checked that your TV aerial is OK?

Lots of high winds & rain lately, might have moved it or got water in the coax
Yeah, I've been planning to check on it...not done yet. We have lots of things on our loft...I might have to wade through them...that's why Im not too eager. BTW, high winds and/or water are not likely to touch my aerial safely tucked in our loft aren't they
Old 15-07-2009, 23:16   #22
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Had to retune a neighbour's set today, (Crystal Palace transmitter) - worked this morning, no signal this afternoon - and the switchover is a long way off in this area.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 15:19   #23
Indelible Man
Inactive

This is just an update. Did a re-scan again this morning and 2 channels from among the missing showed up...ch 1(bbc one) & ch 2(bbc two)...though the pictures are pixelated and a label of "bad signal" is being shown at the bottom of the screen. Does this confirm my suspicion that all these missing channels were only due to bad reception probably due to inclement weather? I still trust my 3y/o Panasonic TX 32DTX1.
Old 20-07-2009, 15:42   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Have you tried adding a signal booster to it at the back of your tv set to improve your signal?
Old 20-07-2009, 15:47   #25
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
This is just an update. Did a re-scan again this morning and 2 channels from among the missing showed up...ch 1(bbc one) & ch 2(bbc two)...though the pictures are pixelated and a label of "bad signal" is being shown at the bottom of the screen. Does this confirm my suspicion that all these missing channels were only due to bad reception probably due to inclement weather? I still trust my 3y/o Panasonic TX 32DTX1.
If the channels are missing, it means a couple of things. Your ariel doesn't like digital, or your box is dead.

Check this: http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability Might help, also, have you spoken to a local ariel engineer / installer? They will be able to do you an upgrade at a good price
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote