Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Sky Appreciation thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Sky Appreciation thread

Old 01-03-2007, 14:39   #1
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
The Sky Appreciation thread

Isn't it wonderful?

Sky i mean, i've had it for about a year now - never had a problem.

Customer Services have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and also really fast to answer.

Sky+ is the mutts, nothing else comes close AND its free now - no 10 quid subscription charge.

So if your missing Lost, The Simpsons, Stargate, BattleStar Galactica or in fact want to watch any popular series past the second season i'd suggest Sky.

Cant recommend it enough.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2007, 14:41   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Sky Appreciation thread

LOL...rub it in a little more why don't you.....
Grrrrr......you are one of the lucky ones !

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:44   #3
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

I'll let you know shortly if I like it or not, looks like my first choice for service provider ( all 3 ) when I move
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:46   #4
zing_deleted

any terms on the free sky +?
Old 01-03-2007, 14:46   #5
c1rcle
Inactive

c1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Isn't it wonderful?
Wouldn't know never had it.

Quote:
Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?

Quote:
Customer Services have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and also really fast to answer.
I've not had a single problem when phoning VirgiNTL customer Services, they're always polite & once I had a poor guy on the phone for an hour trying to solve a problem I had, that I'd caused myself I might add.

Quote:
Sky+ is the mutts, nothing else comes close AND its free now - no 10 quid subscription charge.
Don't need it, Don't want it. simple isn't it?

Quote:
So if your missing Lost, The Simpsons, Stargate, BattleStar Galactica or in fact want to watch any popular series past the second season i'd suggest Sky.
No, No, No & No, Is the Shield on Sky? how about The Unit?

Quote:
Can't recommend it at all, I'm happy with VirgiNTL even without the Sky channels, sorry.
c1rcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:47   #6
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Honestly - get it - its brilliant.

Lets put it this way, i hand a round here a bit and have never bitched about Sky.

Did i mention Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy as well... Oh and that Sky+ really, really is the mutleys.
Old 01-03-2007, 14:48   #7
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Did i mention Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy as well... Oh and that Sky+ really, really is the mutleys.
More American trash
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:50   #8
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1rcle View Post
Wouldn't know never had it.
So why you bitchen then boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1rcle View Post
Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?
Nope I dont lie!

Quote:
I've not had a single problem when phoning VirgiNTL customer Services, they're always polite & once I had a poor guy on the phone for an hour trying to solve a problem I had, that I'd caused myself I might add.
So you've never had to hand on for ages waiting for an NTL rep?

Quote:
Don't need it, Don't want it. simple isn't it?
Cool, dont buy it Just get really frustrated and post in here instead. Saying that - with an EPG THAT slow, i think i'd be frustrated too.

Quote:
No, No, No & No, Is the Shield on Sky? how about The Unit?
What, who?

Quote:
Can't recommend it at all, I'm happy with VirgiNTL even without the Sky channels, sorry.
A happy customer yay!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 14:52   #9
zing_deleted

Quote:
Isn't it wonderful?

Just looked and its free if you subscribe to 2 premium channels otherwise its 10 quid which is exactly what it was before
Old 01-03-2007, 14:55   #10
c1rcle
Inactive

c1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to all

Quote:
A happy customer yay!!!!
Yep that's right happy with Cable & Wireless, Happy with NTL, happy with NTL:Telewest & now I'll be happy with Virgin Media.

Apart from the obvious channels that I hardly ever watched what could Sky offer me that I don't already get with VirgiNTL?
c1rcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:56   #11
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Just looked and its free if you subscribe to 2 premium channels otherwise its 10 quid which is exactly what it was before
Actually from what i heard its not anymore, i admit that i could be wrong as i have Sports anyway but, honestly guv'nor thats what i was told.
Old 01-03-2007, 14:56   #12
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Isn't it wonderful?

Must admit Sky are ok. Until you move house. The ball ache I had with sky!!!!! Taking money out of my account even though I told them countless times I did not live at that address. Oh the Indian call centre they have where a nightmare too.

And the cost of HD!!!!!!
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:57   #13
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Basically Tv is rubbish everywhere........There will always be something to pick at whatever the company you use.....let's just all watch DVD's instead.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:58   #14
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Correct
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 14:59   #15
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u View Post
And the cost of HD!!!!!! [/FONT]
Frikkin A to that, I'll give you that one.

Still Sky+ and normal def telly is second to none with Sky.

Never had billing, customer service or even TV service issues with Sky, how many NTL folk can honestly say that?