Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky to launch Mobile network? Not virtual network either...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky to launch Mobile network? Not virtual network either...

Old 18-06-2012, 20:37   #31
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sky to launch Mobile network? Not virtual network either...

But is that residential and business together or just residential?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2012, 20:43   #32
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
But is that residential and business together or just residential?
I should think that includes business. As this is a market that VM has never really tapped into properly. So most businesses use BT, and then the obvious move is for those businesses to also have their BB with BT.

I actually use VM for my business, but would be happy to use either them or BT. But I would never use sky for business phones, BB, or mobiles.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 00:06   #33
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually surprised at how many people seem to want a Sky mobile network. but then the fact they are now the UK's biggest "triple play" provider just shows how trusted the brand is in the UK.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 10:37   #34
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
I'm actually surprised at how many people seem to want a Sky mobile network. but then the fact they are now the UK's biggest "triple play" provider just shows how trusted the brand is in the UK.
I'd be surprised if anyone (except yourself) actually cares one way or the other.

I'd say that there are probably more people put off Sky than ever before, due to the Murdoch connection.
Old 19-06-2012, 19:21   #35
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Like I said before, exclusive content and non-availability of other pay-tv or terrestrial services in some areas is the main reason for that.
Old 19-06-2012, 19:58   #36
Telly_
Permanently Banned

I'm 100% sure when the Sky mobile network launch's it will have the current version of iPhone on probably an unlimited data plan I just can't wait.
Old 19-06-2012, 20:03   #37
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm 100% sure when the Sky mobile network launch's it will have the current version of iPhone on probably an unlimited data plan I just can't wait.
Why, do you work for Sky?

Why on earth would anyone older than 12 get so excited about yet another mobile company, in an already saturated market??? Or are you just on a wind up?
Old 19-06-2012, 20:34   #38
Telly_
Permanently Banned

I'm looking forward to the extras Sky will give us with it.EG

Got Sky TV? Get Skygo anywhere via wifi or 3G for FREE
Got SkyLLU BB? Get unlimited Wifi via 1000's of hotspots via Skycloud
So ya know..It stand to reason once the Mobile network launch's Sky will shake up the market with new innovations.

The BB market was "saturated" But Sky did what no one thought possible and launched a truely unlimited service and is now the fastest growing ISP in Europe.(even though its only available in the UK)
Old 19-06-2012, 23:14   #39
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the extras Sky will give us with it.EG

Got Sky TV? Get Skygo anywhere via wifi or 3G for FREE
Got SkyLLU BB? Get unlimited Wifi via 1000's of hotspots via Skycloud
So ya know..It stand to reason once the Mobile network launch's Sky will shake up the market with new innovations.

The BB market was "saturated" But Sky did what no one thought possible and launched a truely unlimited service and is now the fastest growing ISP in Europe.(even though its only available in the UK)
I did have sky TV, and I did get skygo for free. But I never used it anyway.

I'm with vodafone, and I get free wifi through all the BT hotspots.

They are the fastest growing because they are cheap (at the moment) to get new customers.

Many people have said that their CS is terrible (so no different to VM then).

So like I said, even if they did set up a mobile network (which would be stupid in a saturated market), then it is nothing to get excited about....unless you are actually 12.
Old 26-08-2012, 22:01   #40
m419
Inactive

Looks like it's not happening.

Everything Everywhere are selling the excess spectrum to 3 and they now have the desired amount spectrum which means 3 have no intention of selling up.

Everything Everywhere are also launching a 3rd brand alongside the Orange and T-Mobile brands. This means there is no room for anyone else.

Everything Everywhere will be the first to launch 4G and they will be the only ones until mid-2013.