Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

Old 19-07-2011, 18:02   #46
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Sky to freeze prices until 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never say never View Post
The comment you quoted also stated that VM and BT offer the pay in advance for line-rental as far as I'm aware. It was in no way an attack.
You appear to have missed "general tenor", which refered to your posting history, not that specific post, and "praise to high heaven", which did....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2011, 18:12   #47
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You appear to have missed "general tenor", which refered to your posting history, not that specific post, and "praise to high heaven", which did....
Oh ok, I don't mean to come across like that, oh and reference to your comment about getting money to go surfing, I don't surf.
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 18:46   #48
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That's right - you don't surf.
Old 19-07-2011, 21:10   #49
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Well only the people in a 12 month contract would be effected by the "get out clause" of a price rise,everysingle sky customer in contract or not gets this price freeze. Only a virginmedia customer would moan about a price freeze, .

Lets not for get Virginmedia have had 2 price rise this year,Plus the Tivo tax on top of that if you have Tivo.
£1.50 price increases don't mean a thing to me, it's nothing if it was something like £5 or more, then I would definately be moaning.

And to be honest no advertisements of any kind would attract me of going to Sky,I've moved quite a lot but remained in the same borough and the home move service at Virgin Media is brilliant, in fact been in three houses and have managed to keep the same number from 2005! I thought I would try Sky so I enquired about service, they tell me the TV service would take 2 weeks to install and then phone and broadband would be set up 2 weeks after the TV is installed, Too long!!!!!!!!!! and when I finally compared prices, I would be £6 worse off every month and 10MB of internet slower!

So it's a thumbs down on this occasion for Sky
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 09:16   #50
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
£1.50 price increases don't mean a thing to me, it's nothing if it was something like £5 or more, then I would definately be moaning.

And to be honest no advertisements of any kind would attract me of going to Sky,I've moved quite a lot but remained in the same borough and the home move service at Virgin Media is brilliant, in fact been in three houses and have managed to keep the same number from 2005! I thought I would try Sky so I enquired about service, they tell me the TV service would take 2 weeks to install and then phone and broadband would be set up 2 weeks after the TV is installed, Too long!!!!!!!!!! and when I finally compared prices, I would be £6 worse off every month and 10MB of internet slower!

So it's a thumbs down on this occasion for Sky
But the TV service price increase by around £1.50 per month, then the phoneline rental went up by another £1 a month and thats fine with you.

But Sky freezing and for some reducing there monthly fee is a bad thing to you? lol.........
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 11:55   #51
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
But the TV service price increase by around £1.50 per month, then the phoneline rental went up by another £1 a month and thats fine with you.

But Sky freezing and for some reducing there monthly fee is a bad thing to you? lol.........
You appear to have accidently misread his post - he stated the reason for the thumbs down was
Quote:
they tell me the TV service would take 2 weeks to install and then phone and broadband would be set up 2 weeks after the TV is installed, Too long!!!!!!!!!! and when I finally compared prices, I would be £6 worse off every month and 10MB of internet slower!
Old 26-07-2011, 18:48   #52
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes that was a gripe I have with VM , the phone bundle prices they are way over the top. Sky are also dropping the per Box HD charge from September , basically if you have the HD pack you will get HD on all boxes.
Hi,where did you get the information about sky dropping the hd pack charge per box? I`ve looked on skys webpage and found nothing about it,nor was there any mention about it in the letter they sent me recently about the tv pack changes.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 19:10   #53
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Hi,where did you get the information about sky dropping the hd pack charge per box? I`ve looked on skys webpage and found nothing about it,nor was there any mention about it in the letter they sent me recently about the tv pack changes.
Here you go

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/S...om/td-p/132651

Or here were it says more from your HD

http://www.sky.com/mysky/indexb.html...yCOM_enjoymore
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 21:12   #54
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
And I just recieved a letter today, which mentioned the HD charge now covers all boxes. No good to me, I only have myself to please.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 17:34   #55
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Thanks for that muppetman
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 18:48   #56
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I would like to point out that VM have upgraded me from 512kb to 2MB and then up to 10MB without being asked to do so and indeed provided the upgrades for free.
Not sure any one else has done anything similar.
BT - regular ADSL to Infinity, free of charge, contacting customers to arrange install of new equipment as and when the service becomes available.

EDIT: Actually several others did too when BT began their 8Mb -> 20Mb upgrade.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote