Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 14:21   #3481
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The hours CBS Drama is on air on Freeview will be reduced.

This makes sense because the programming between 9am and 1pm is also shown later in the day, but one has to ask - is this the beginning of the end for CBS Drama?

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/c...iew-hours.html
I imagine that it's lost a lot of viewers since UKTV made their drama channel available FTA.
IIRC CBS Drama shows mainly American imports and UK Drama mainly programming from the BBC.
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2017, 14:34   #3482
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
TV Anywhere App changing to Virgin TV Go....3G/4G capabilities too
Wouldn't it be sweet justice if SKY went to ofcom and said VM were copying their SKYgo be sweet revenge for all the times VM have gone crying to ofcom.
Ofcourse in reality it wouldn't happen but it was a nice dream lol.
Old 01-12-2017, 15:46   #3483
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The hours CBS Drama is on air on Freeview will be reduced.

This makes sense because the programming between 9am and 1pm is also shown later in the day, but one has to ask - is this the beginning of the end for CBS Drama?

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/c...iew-hours.html
It's not a good sign when a broadcaster puts one of its main channels behind its timeshifts in the pecking order. Of course, the timing of the frequent moves on Freeview may suggest that the broadcaster is chasing bargain basement rates and using short term contracts whenever cheap carriage deals are available.

Who would have thought that Talking Pictures would have the buying power to push one of the main broadcasters aside?

Old 01-12-2017, 22:14   #3484
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I thought that too.

Good to know that Talking Pictures will still be available after the reduction in Freeview capacity as, without Freeview exposure, it may not have been viable to keep it on VM & satellite only.
Old 01-12-2017, 22:24   #3485
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Wouldn't it be sweet justice if SKY went to ofcom and said VM were copying their SKYgo be sweet revenge for all the times VM have gone crying to ofcom.
Ofcourse in reality it wouldn't happen but it was a nice dream lol.
Well i waa lucky to get to trial this, it defo aint copying and would be bad for business to do so. You will all be impressed all that is missing is downloads
Old 01-12-2017, 22:40   #3486
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well i waa lucky to get to trial this, it defo aint copying and would be bad for business to do so. You will all be impressed all that is missing is downloads
Were you drinking before you posted the above?
Old 02-12-2017, 00:23   #3487
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
You do realise my comment was tongue in cheek?
In seriousness would be great if they got downloads on it for you guys, we haven't heard anything about downloads as of yet though.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:43   #3488
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You do realise my comment was tongue in cheek?
In seriousness would be great if they got downloads on it for you guys, we haven't heard anything about downloads as of yet though.
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding, information about streaming and downloading recordings from V6 My Shows has been given - it's in Virgin TV Control.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:47   #3489
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding, information about streaming and downloading recordings from V6 My Shows has been given - it's in Virgin TV Control.
No idea mate, but what i will say imo Virgin medias online offering is far superior to Skys pathetic Skygo offering which still uses the outdated and very unsecure silverlight so unless you put addons onto chrome or use a outdated version of firefox skygo will only work on the security flawed internet explorer.
At least Vms offering works on most modern browsers.
Old 03-12-2017, 22:48   #3490
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BBC Wales to launch BBC Radio Cymru 2 on January 29th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...o-cymru-2-2018
I wonder if VM will bother adding this as Radio Cymru 2 will only broadcast its own output for three hours a day, opting out from Radio Cymru with a music based breakfast show from 7-10am while the main station continues with its news based programmes.
Old 04-12-2017, 15:18   #3491
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Apparently, some (or all) of the UKTV channels are currently available in all packages (including HD) on VM.

I can't check this as i'm on Full House.
Old 04-12-2017, 16:36   #3492
theone2k10
Inactive

April 2018 is all i'm saying.
Old 04-12-2017, 16:41   #3493
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It comes before May.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 04-12-2017, 16:45   #3494
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
That'll be the 1st then............
Old 04-12-2017, 17:04   #3495
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Voting lines are now open for round 2 of "the Best of 2017" @ https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Lines just open until December 11th so VOTE NOW.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread