Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear Orbi and SH3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Netgear Orbi and SH3

Old 22-01-2018, 19:46   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Netgear Orbi and SH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Thats not entirely true.

If they are on the same phase, in the same house (i.e. same incoming consumer unit) then they should work, as they are ultimately on the same circuit.

They may not be quite as fast as if they were on the same ring main.
I guess it work well connecting. TiVo to router
Old 22-02-2018, 12:31   #17
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update on this..... I cancelled my order for the Whole Home WiFi as I had read that I could use my Devolo Powerline 1200+ WiFi AC kit in similar fashion.... I was a bit concerned that a powerline wouldn't work in the bedroom because it's on a different circuit... so tested the one from the first floor in the 2nd floor bedroom (as suggested by someone one here... thanks) and it worked! So I bought an extra powerline adapter for the bedroom and now have a really decent connection throughout the house... granted, the speeds in the bedroom aren't great in comparison to the rest of the house but it works fine for what we need... it would be nice to see if I could get better speeds in the bedroom but I think that is limited by the circuit...
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 20:06   #18
kobikoro
cf.member

kobikoro is an unknown quantity at this point
Using Hitron and eero

I am new to posting on forums and this may out of place here. However, I need an urgent solution:

Virgin installed the Hitron modem for me with 5 Static IP addresses. They declined from suggesting a suitable or compatible router for various reasons. I then purchased an eero mesh router because it can be easily extended. I have not being able to get them to work. Eero says ask Virgin on how to assign ip address to eero. Virgin says no can do.
I need help setting it up. I have the virgin modem installed for 10 days with no joy

Thanks...
kobikoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 20:22   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The hitron needs the first ip in your subnet and the 3rd party router needs the second ip. As for nat and other settings i'll have to pm another forum user for you who is an expert on this subject. I suggest you start a new thread as well because it is completely out of place in this one and wont help other users going forward.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote