Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Final bill from VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Final bill from VM

Old 07-11-2017, 18:05   #1
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road
Angry Final bill from VM

On 12 October 2017 I gave 30 days notice to VM after deciding to move to a new provider following the latest inflation busting price rise. As I paid 12 months line rental saver last December my monthly payment for super fibre 50 and talk more anytime should be £21 as I receive a discount of £8 on my 18 month contract which was due to run till next May.

Despite the fact that as a result of the notice given my contract with VM ends on 11 November I have today received a bill charging for services up to 6 December. As if this wasn't bad enough the bill is for £44.52 made up of £2.77 for "last month's changes" and £41.75 for "bundle charges 7 Nov to 6 Dec".

I am baffled by the amount of this bill as well as the period it covers especially when line rental is covered by Line Rental Saver having been paid up to 6 December. Can anyone offer any explanation for how VM might have decided that such charges are justified?
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2017, 20:22   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Final bill from VM

Probably best asking them They've probably cocked up. Don't bother with normal CS go to customer retentions ( ' thinking of leaving' option when ringing).
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 22:42   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Despite the fact that as a result of the notice given my contract with VM ends on 11 November I have today received a bill charging for services up to 6 December. As if this wasn't bad enough the bill is for £44.52 made up of £2.77 for "last month's changes" and £41.75 for "bundle charges 7 Nov to 6 Dec".
Virgin Media's billing system will generate bills as normal right up to the disconnection date.

This is because you have the option to cancel your cancellation, or change the cancellation date right up to the day it happens - and people do this regularly.

When your account disconnects, you'll get an amended bill. As the disconnection and the billing period are quite close, it'll probably mean the bill you've just been sent is cancelled and replaced by the final bill - and that's the amount that'll be taken via the Direct Debit.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:16   #4
rovert
Inactive

Thanks Ben. Let's hope the replacement bill is for a normal amount too!
Old 08-11-2017, 21:42   #5
rovert
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Probably best asking them They've probably cocked up. Don't bother with normal CS go to customer retentions ( ' thinking of leaving' option when ringing).
I decided to take your advice Mr K and phoned retentions. Of course, BenMcr was correct about the billing with a replacement bill to follow. You were right too about the cock up. Although I gave the notice on 12th October for some unknown reason they had my disconnection date down as 25th November. So at least that has been put right as a result of the phone call. Thanks Mr K.
Old 18-11-2017, 14:36   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

What did they say about your advance line saver rental?

I was never told this when I ordered it, but when I was thinking of leaving they said that this was not refundable under any circumstances.

Not read the t&c's, but I'd assume that death would be covered!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 21:11   #7
rovert
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What did they say about your advance line saver rental?

I was never told this when I ordered it, but when I was thinking of leaving they said that this was not refundable under any circumstances.

Not read the t&c's, but I'd assume that death would be covered!
I wasn't too worried about the line rental saver as I knew there would be no refund but it only had a month to run. I do remember that when my Dad passed away five years ago BT refunded the outstanding period because of the circumstances.

I have now had the final final bill. The one thing I don't understand is how Virgin get away with cancelling completely a contract when a customer gives 30 days notice. My £21 a month package immediately became £41.75 when I gave notice. Surely the contract price should be honoured through the notice period.