Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2021, 12:15   #241
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
UHD for Sky Entertainment and Sky Cinema arrives on Thursday 25th February for an extra £6 a month. You have to be on at least the maxit/full house or oomph/VIP bundles to get it and have a V6 or 360 box.

Information was given to Media Boy HQ on Tuesday but we just logon today.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2021, 14:02   #242
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It's on the Apps section of my V6 now.

That link doesn't specify if on TV360, so someone else will have to confirm that.
MTV Play free for a couple of weeks and then £3.99 a month according to the Upgrade TV app on V6

I wonder if there's much difference from the V6 OnDemand version to the MTV Play app to justify the cost?
Old 25-02-2021, 14:03   #243
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The MTV app should only chargeable on Mixit TV or Player, who don't get MTV. Everyone else should have it included.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:13   #244
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Information was given to Media Boy HQ on Tuesday but we just logon today.
New customers to the Ultimate Oomph bundle will get this for free
Old 26-02-2021, 09:17   #245
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The MTV app should only chargeable on Mixit TV or Player, who don't get MTV. Everyone else should have it included.
Need to correct this.

Anyone on Mixit with the Lifestyle Personal Pick will also get it included.
Old 26-02-2021, 11:22   #246
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Need to correct this.

Anyone on Mixit with the Lifestyle Personal Pick will also get it included.
Ben, apologies for asking

As the UHD for Sky Entertainment and Sky Cinema is under a paywall for the majority of VM customers, do you think it's likely the same with happen for Sky Sports UHD?
Old 26-02-2021, 13:08   #247
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

No idea. No-one out of the content negotiation teams will know until it's announced.
Old 26-02-2021, 13:11   #248
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

<Edit wrong thread>
Old 26-02-2021, 18:08   #249
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Ben, apologies for asking

As the UHD for Sky Entertainment and Sky Cinema is under a paywall for the majority of VM customers, do you think it's likely the same with happen for Sky Sports UHD?
If those two genres are behind a paywall, I feel sure that sport will definitely be.
Old 26-02-2021, 18:12   #250
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If those two genres are behind a paywall, I feel sure that sport will definitely be.
hopefully not as we still pay extra for hd for sports hopefully be upgraded
Old 26-02-2021, 21:51   #251
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Sky Sport still has SD on VM whereas Sky Cinema doesn't. Quite possible SD Sport will disappear when UHD Sport is introduced. This further thing requiring to be sorted out may be why UHD Sport wasn't launched alongside the Entertainment and Cinema offerings.
Old 26-02-2021, 22:17   #252
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Back in 2018, on satellite, Sky Sports enabled HD for everybody, scrapped the £6 HD charge and increased the general price by £2. Meaning that SD subscribers paid £2 more, even if they only had an SD box or TV and former HD subscribers had a £4 reduction.

Is this different on Virgin Media?
Old 27-02-2021, 01:19   #253
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I still pay £7 for sky Sports HD Channels!!!!
Old 27-02-2021, 01:48   #254
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

My friend has the original tivo box and the superhub 2. Any idea how I can get him upgraded with his tech?
Old 27-02-2021, 04:03   #255
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I still pay £7 for sky Sports HD Channels!!!!
Must be different on VM then.
Closed Thread