Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 09-12-2020, 19:12   #1546
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Sky released schedules for Cinema Disney which show programmes ending on 6th Jan aftering being called Five Star Movies for a few days
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2020, 21:19   #1547
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I thought there was something odd about the My Favourite Apps on my V6. It then occurred to me that STV Player was missing.

When I went to add it, not only was the STV Player icon different, but ITV Hub was also there. And being in Scotland we haven't had the app to this point, just an ITV Hub-branded folder in Catch-up.

So they've finally added what was missing in Scotland on VM. I'm assuming it's a special variation that doesn't have Channel 3 content, as that's in the STV Player app here, and just ITV2/3/4/Be/CiTV content.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:57   #1548
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I thought there was something odd about the My Favourite Apps on my V6. It then occurred to me that STV Player was missing.

When I went to add it, not only was the STV Player icon different, but ITV Hub was also there. And being in Scotland we haven't had the app to this point, just an ITV Hub-branded folder in Catch-up.

So they've finally added what was missing in Scotland on VM. I'm assuming it's a special variation that doesn't have Channel 3 content, as that's in the STV Player app here, and just ITV2/3/4/Be/CiTV content.
I just checked this morning, STV Player no longer has Channel 3 content here. So both apps are the version available in rest of UK on VM by the look of it.

I'm surprised. Maybe STV and ITV made a deal as both of them developing two versions of their apps on VM wasn't economical? Or maybe someone at VM messed up and rolled out what was already available outside of Scotland on VM?

JJ20X on Forum Box said yesterday that my area had its number of VOD streams cut like most of the other areas had. Maybe this is all an accident and a mistake was made with app regionalisation when this stream change was implemented?

Does anyone else in Scotland on Virgin Media have the ITV Hub app as well as the STV Player on their V6?

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Or can a VM employee comment please?
Old 10-12-2020, 15:11   #1549
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in West Lothian and just looked and still only have the STV player. I notice you said you added it, sorry for being thick, but how do you do that. My all apps has 23 items. Only have V6 and not the new TV360
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 15:18   #1550
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
I am in West Lothian and just looked and still only have the STV player. I notice you said you added it, sorry for being thick, but how do you do that. My all apps has 23 items. Only have V6 and not the new TV360
I pressed Thumbs Up to add it My Favourite Apps. I didn't add it to my box.

Thanks for confirming it's not showing where you are.
Old 10-12-2020, 15:26   #1551
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Understand now - thanks
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 19:17   #1552
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I pressed Thumbs Up to add it My Favourite Apps. I didn't add it to my box.

Thanks for confirming it's not showing where you are.
I see CNN and Al Jazeera now has an app on "TV 360" so I feel we will see Virgin drop the following channels in 2021.

CNN,
Cartoon Network,
Boomerang,
Al Jazeera,

To make way for the following HD Channels to launch

CNN HD,
Boomerang HD,
Al Jazeera HD.

We may see the following too.

607. CNN closes.
607. CNN HD launches.
622. Al Jazeera closes.
622. Al Jazeera HD launches.
704. Cartoon Network closes.
704. Cartoon Network HD moves from Channel 732.
705. Cartoon Network +1 (Stays as now).
706. Cartoonito (Stays as now).
707. Boomerang HD launches.
708. Boomerang +1 moves from Channel 731.
730. Boomerang closes.

CITV may also move to Channel 710.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 19:43   #1553
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

If you have a 360 box Cartoon Network HD has already moved to 704 (there is no SD version on the 360)! This is in the shared profile as you can reorder the channels in individual profiles on the 360.

Basically on the 360 the HD channel swaps have happened and SD channels removed (with a few exceptions - e.g. C4 outside the London area).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNHD.jpg (254.6 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by paul0363; 10-12-2020 at 19:49.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 19:48   #1554
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
If you have a 360 box Cartoon Network HD has already moved to 704 (there is no SD version on the 360)! This is in the shared profile as you can reorder the channels on the 360.

Basically on the 360 the HD channel swaps have happened and SD channels removed (with a few exceptions - e.g. C4 outside the London area).
Thanks for info - TiVo still got Cartoon Network SD Channel on Virgin 704.

What do the 360 say on Channels 607 and 622? (CNN and Al Jazeera.)
Old 10-12-2020, 20:04   #1555
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for info - TiVo still got Cartoon Network SD Channel on Virgin 704.

What do the 360 say on Channels 607 and 622? (CNN and Al Jazeera.)
They're still the SD versions as the HD vesrsion isn't available on VM.

I've attached a couple of EPG pics below which will give you an idea of what's happening with the 360, plus one of a renumbered profile (where I've swapped C4 SD fo the HD version)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EPG1.jpg (294.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg EPG2.jpg (319.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg EPG3.jpg (233.9 KB, 60 views)
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 20:11   #1556
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
They're still the SD versions as the HD vesrsion isn't available on VM.

I've attached a couple of EPG pics below which will give you an idea of what's happening with the 360, plus one of a renumbered profile (where I've swapped C4 SD fo the HD version)
Thanks for info and EPG pics.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Media Boy Blog is looking to launch an Virgin Media 360 channel list so if anyone with an 360 Box just drop me an PM with the full list of channels names and channels numbers we will launch one by December 17th.
Old 15-12-2020, 01:00   #1557
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

As someone who is lazy and fairly ignorant what is this v6 360 roll out? As far as i was aware it seemed fairly awful. I currently have 3 v6 boxes which are used so i wouldnt want 360 mini boxes which just stream from other boxes....

"However, from early next year, customers with a V6 box who choose to upgrade to Virgin TV 360 will instead be able to get the software update over the air."

Well...i want to keep my 3 v6 boxes? do i get anything from"upgrading" ? I assume i get fancy new software but potentially lose v6 boxes. Help me understand it my friends as i'm lost with all these boxes now...

Last edited by vincerooney; 15-12-2020 at 01:00. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 06:58   #1558
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
As someone who is lazy and fairly ignorant what is this v6 360 roll out? As far as i was aware it seemed fairly awful. I currently have 3 v6 boxes which are used so i wouldnt want 360 mini boxes which just stream from other boxes....

"However, from early next year, customers with a V6 box who choose to upgrade to Virgin TV 360 will instead be able to get the software update over the air."

Well...i want to keep my 3 v6 boxes? do i get anything from"upgrading" ? I assume i get fancy new software but potentially lose v6 boxes. Help me understand it my friends as i'm lost with all these boxes now...
AIUI Vince there has been one trial where boxes were replaced, but only the first STB had a HDD. The second trial currently being undertaken allows all current boxes (which have HDD's) to have the new software over the air.

From what I've read it is full of bugs and is inferior to the TiVo software that the V6 uses, so I won't be using it. If/when VM force this onto their customers I will be leaving.

There's a thread about it here:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...709333&page=28

And some feedback from those that have changed over can be found here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5.../Virgin_TV_360

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 15-12-2020 at 07:07. Reason: Added links.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 14:30   #1559
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

ITV Hub did appear on my TiVo box last Friday but was removed again by Saturday

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

For anyone with the new Virgin Media 360 box

Quote:
Media Boy Blog is looking to launch an Virgin Media 360 channel list so if anyone with an 360 Box just drop me an PM with the full list of channels names and channels numbers we will launch one soon.
Old 16-12-2020, 15:55   #1560
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
ITV Hub did appear on my TiVo box last Friday but was removed again by Saturday
I've still got access on my V6. Oddly though it's disappeared from My Favourite Apps despite it still being in All Apps AND with a thumb on it showing it's favourited. I can still load it too.