Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 26-11-2009, 11:11   #136
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

At the moment the the opera singer gets right up my nose and the big red telephone with wheels is a long term "mute button" candidate
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2009, 11:13   #137
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not sure I can mention one insurance advert I ever liked
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 18:42   #138
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Oh wow, I do though like the new Strongbox advert!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmU3xoFrPJM
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 19:00   #139
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Oh wow, I do though like the new Strongbox advert!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmU3xoFrPJM
yeah I like that
Old 11-02-2010, 14:00   #140
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Wouldn't mind finding out what the makers of this 1969 International House of Pancakes ad were on at the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_OS54FFFE
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 14:10   #141
bjorkiii

Services: 20 meg

The Creditexpert adds make me laugh i like it its bizarre
Old 16-02-2010, 17:42   #142
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Best ad: Compare The Meerkat
Worst ad: Go Compare
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 22:45   #143
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Worst: we buy any car dot com
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 23:38   #144
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Any add on Eurosport,
Old 17-02-2010, 10:43   #145
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleb View Post
My 'worst' advert is the stool-softener one, where the woman returns to her friends at the table and informs them that her poo was hard again, then they all rabbit on about yeah, they used to have that until the started using BrandX Poo Softener, or whatever it was called.

When I first saw it I sat there in total disbelief, thinking I was still in the US
Although what they are talking about perfectly describes the ad..

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Seconded. I am actually impressed by the ad. I am impressed it has managed to annoy me more than the insurance ad with the opera singer..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:47   #146
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I like that one, that guy can really dance

But I absolutely loath the GO COMPARE, with that Pavarotti wanna be, it does my head in and subsequently gets turned over when ever I see it
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 00:16   #147
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

I loooove this advert for Mastercard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ez-OP5F1c
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39   #148
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Seconded. I am actually impressed by the ad. I am impressed it has managed to annoy me more than the insurance ad with the opera singer..
Those ads had a funny side effect for me.... My five year old daughter sings along to both, and with the we buy any car one, launches into a mad dance.... Very funny to watch.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:50   #149
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Oh no! No, no, no! Aaaaaaargh!

Jedward to do shake and vac remake

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Nooo My ears, it burns!

-----

I love this advert (latest John Lewis one) but it seems to be a bit Marmite. Some love it, some hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewi...w=john%20lewis
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:19   #150
NO ONE
Inactive

Services: SKY DIG Sky+hd Mullity room(SKY WORLD) SKY BB MAX Sky talk L/r /Takl mobil PAY MO Freevew hd
NO ONE is on a distinguished roadNO ONE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NO ONE
Cool Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

The Best the new sony world cup ad Weth the Red hot Kelly Brook

the wore is go compiae
NO ONE is offline   Reply With Quote