Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cannot resolve

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

cannot resolve

Old 19-08-2008, 17:00   #1
CIS
Inactive

CIS is an unknown quantity at this point
cannot resolve

This is a strange one.

I have a dedicated server with about 70 domains on it. Now I have only got 2 uk domains and I cannot see either of these. I tried looking at the name servers and everything was fine, I then tried terminating the account in WHM and creating a new one, still no show. Then I tried looking at them through a proxy website, and yes, I could see them! So it’s a local problem. So I restarted and rebooted my router and modem and I sill cannot see the domains live, nor can I log into them with an FTP program.

and my friend who is on another isp [not virgin] can see them. 60+ .coms working fine on the same server and i can see all of these, just sometimes i cannot see the .co.uk's

What next?
CIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2008, 19:45   #2
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: cannot resolve

may be worth trying different DNS servers?

I normally use the Level3 servers 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 14:57   #3
CIS
Inactive

CIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cannot resolve

I have mate, I have even tried puting them two accounts on a VPS I own and its still the same. It has to be a local thing, I have tried another system within the same network, therefore sucking from the same router and still nothing. So its not a local system thing. its either a local modem or router thing (and I have checked and checked again) or its a local ISP pipe thing (Virgin)
CIS is offline   Reply With Quote