Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 14-01-2019, 17:09   #976
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Fifty-five men arrested in West Yorkshire over child sex abuse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46867001
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2019, 17:19   #977
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

No doubt the surnames Williams, Jones, Smith and Thomas will be well reperesented in those 55...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 17:28   #978
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Not just the UK.

Quote:
The President of Finland has expressed his 'shock and disgust' after police identified more suspects in connection with a foreign grooming gang targeting children in a town in the north of the country.
Police suspect 16 foreign-born men of rape or other sexual abuses of girls aged between ten and 15 in Oulu, northern Finland, adding another four men to the investigation today.
'It is unacceptable that some asylum seekers, and even those who have been granted asylum, have brought evil here and created insecurity.'
Statistics Finland says around 1,200 cases of sexual abuse of minors are reported to the police each year, and that foreigners were involved in 18 percent of the cases that came to trial last year.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 11:11   #979
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A gang of three man who groomed and raped a vulnerable schoolgirl in a horrific campaign of child sex abuse have been jailed for life.

Mohammed Karrar, Bassam Karrar and Anjum Dogar befriended the 'lonely, friendless' 14-year-old girl and began grooming their victim by taking her to parties and giving her alcohol and drugs before making demands for sexual acts.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...raped-her.html
Old 22-01-2019, 15:46   #980
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It's not just under age girls that they take advantage of, but also the incapacitated.

I was recently in an Asian eatery and could hear what the waiters were saying to each other. They described how they would go into town after work and take advantage of girls under the influence of too much alcohol. They then went into intimate details of what they could get away with doing to them sexually, until I called over our waiter and had the situation dealt with.

To say they're supposed to be so against alcohol, they certainly know how to take advantage of its effects for their own ends.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 15:50   #981
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's not just under age girls that they take advantage of, but also the incapacitated.

I was recently in an Asian eatery and could hear what the waiters were saying to each other. They described how they would go into town after work and take advantage of girls under the influence of too much alcohol. They then went into intimate details of what they could get away with doing to them sexually, until I called over our waiter and had the situation dealt with.

To say they're supposed to be so against alcohol, they certainly know how to take advantage of its effects for their own ends.
I do hope you reported this to the police?
Old 22-01-2019, 16:00   #982
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Richard, fyi, not all Asians* are Muslim - Hindus and Sikhs can (and do) drink alcohol.

btw, did you report these actions to the authorities?

*by "Asians", I assume you mean from the Indian sub-continent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, & Bhutan), rather than including Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, North Korea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 22-01-2019 at 16:22.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 16:11   #983
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

An 'Asian eatery' could by definition be anything from a Kebab takeaway to a top class Chinese/Indian restaurant . . . or even a fish & chip shop nowadays
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 16:51   #984
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Richard, fyi, not all Asians* are Muslim - Hindus and Sikhs can (and do) drink alcohol.

btw, did you report these actions to the authorities?

*by "Asians", I assume you mean from the Indian sub-continent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, & Bhutan), rather than including Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, North Korea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam
Indeed. I've fallen into the same trap as calling them 'Asian', when Pakistani (or Muslim if appropriate). Whilst it's highly likely that they will be Muslims, I do know of a Pakistani Christian.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
An 'Asian eatery' could by definition be anything from a Kebab takeaway to a top class Chinese/Indian restaurant . . . or even a fish & chip shop nowadays
True. It describes itself as an eatery, which I think is an American term.
Old 22-01-2019, 17:34   #985
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Indeed. I've fallen into the same trap as calling them 'Asian', when Pakistani (or Muslim if appropriate). Whilst it's highly likely that they will be Muslims, I do know of a Pakistani Christian.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

True. It describes itself as an eatery, which I think is an American term.
Once, when working with one of the big 4 accountancy firms (they were the IT Delivery Partner working with us on a Data Warehouse programme), I employed one of their IT Consultants called Saul Judah, who was a Glaswegian* Catholic of South Indian descent - that often caused confusion after people who had been on a teleconference with him met him face-to-face...

*with a very broad Glasgow accent
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 22-01-2019 at 17:38.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 17:55   #986
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
A lot of people from those countries no doubt lump us together as "Westerners".

But I would like reports to be more specific and use the correct country of (ethnic) origin of these foul rapists.
Old 22-01-2019, 17:58   #987
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

But I would like reports to be more specific and use the correct country of (ethnic) origin of these foul rapists.
Pakistanis usually refer to us as the 'Gura' (white).
Old 24-01-2019, 20:26   #988
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Three more have been caught and accused of rape, attempted rape and sex with a child over 13:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...aping-14920214

One was an asylum seeker who tried to disrupt proceedings by claiming he was 17 and not 25 so he wouldn't be treated as an adult, but this was dismissed by the court.

You'd think that more respect would be shown to the people and laws of a country who had the decency to protect him from 'persecution'.
Old 24-01-2019, 21:37   #989
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

But only if it was people from a range of countries/religions/cultures. With all these cases the defining link isn't "Asian". The areas covered by continents is arbitrary in nature and just governed by geography. Eg Africans vary across that continent.

The defining link is Islam. That is the "bond" that allows them to operate. Other Muslims are unlikely to report them,

Before anybody tries to bring in the Catholic church yet again, a key difference is that it was the priests etc that were mainly participating. These "Asian" gangs involve just ordinary Muslims, and so it isn't a matter of protecting any religious institution/hierarchy.

Last edited by nomadking; 24-01-2019 at 22:05.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 18:51   #990
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Hmmm, I wonder...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...large-13951555

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote