Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Old 12-06-2010, 19:40   #61
bigdavep
Inactive

bigdavep is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ITV HD Miss england goal

Just HD mate. I missed it too but folks telly in other room not on HD saw it.
bigdavep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2010, 19:41   #62
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Good start from Heskey.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:41   #63
dd11
Inactive

Services: XL V+ HD - 50mb Broadband, XL Phone - Free Satellite
dd11 is on a distinguished roaddd11 is on a distinguished road

Watchig the HD channel too and went to adverts then went blank then back to a goal tht we missed!!
dd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:41   #64
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Yeah - ours did that as well - I don't think it was a proper ad break though - I didn't think ITV had ad breaks during major games?
Old 12-06-2010, 19:43   #65
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Already being talked about in the World cup thread

ITV HD ad problem Threads merged
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:43   #66
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

113 not hd any more it in sd theres no itv hd logo in top right hand conner
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:43   #67
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Yeah - ours did that as well - I don't think it was a proper ad break though - I didn't think ITV had ad breaks during major games?
No they never do. It was a mistake, they did it a while ago as well for another game.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...l-1546767.html
Old 12-06-2010, 19:44   #68
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Clearly a cock up. We were on HD, did it happen to the normal feed as well ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:44   #69
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

yh just happend 2 hd
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:47   #70
dd11
Inactive

Services: XL V+ HD - 50mb Broadband, XL Phone - Free Satellite
dd11 is on a distinguished roaddd11 is on a distinguished road

I was just jokeing about missing a goal before it happened! I couldn't believe it! (HD)
dd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:58   #71
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

United States are not doing too bad.
Old 12-06-2010, 19:58   #72
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

ITV HD back
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 19:59   #73
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post

yh just happend 2 hd

HD is back
Old 12-06-2010, 20:02   #74
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

HD back (Sky HD)

Wonder want happend and who'll get a P45 on Monday morning?
Old 12-06-2010, 20:06   #75
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

After the good start of both ITV and BBC HD channels, ITV go a make the biggest mistake, WHAT A MESS after all the hype World Cup in HD, the most importamt moment we miss.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Just had my mate who works for VM call me and ask the same thing - he has said that both SD and HD feeds come direct from South Africa i.e. FIFA control all media outputs with TV companies buying into SD/HD and 3D rights.

This is not a ITV issue and has happened to TV companies who have bought into HD rights.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote