Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem with network drive in Android box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Problem with network drive in Android box

Old 07-08-2019, 21:40   #1
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Question Problem with network drive in Android box

I've got a WiFi networked Himedia Q10 Android box with a 1.5Tb HDD in it which is a third full of films and TV series all in the "Media" folder.
In the last day, when I try to transfer another TV episode over to it from my win10 PC over WiFi, windows reports: "there is not enough space on "share". You need an additional 482MB to copy these files"
I've upgraded the Android box's software, rebooted everything. Still no joy.
Plugged the HDD into my PCs mobo.....
Windows is reporting it's NTFS with 580GB used and 1.43TB free.
I can copy what I want to the HDD when it's attached to my mobo....
Plugged it back into the Android Box and am still getting the same problem except that it's reporting that "share" is now only 19MB short of allowing the transfer.
Anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2019, 19:39   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Problem with network drive in Android box

is the file size an issue. I know on some usb sticks and usb hdds they don't like anything over 4gb. Have you tried coping anything else across anything other than that specific tv episode?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 19:45   #3
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

4.3 Gbyte limit is usually only an issue on FAT32 formatted devices. The OP states his drive is reported by Windows as NTFS so it should be OK from that point of view.
Old 09-08-2019, 23:30   #4
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
is the file size an issue. I know on some usb sticks and usb hdds they don't like anything over 4gb. Have you tried coping anything else across anything other than that specific tv episode?
I have copied a couple of >10GB files over which don't show up once they are there. This is a wifi connected drive on an Android box using Samba.....
Old 10-08-2019, 19:15   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Sounds to me like the hdd is dodgy. If I were you I would reattach it to your pc and run check disk and see what it comes up with.

chkdsk driveletter: /F /R
Old 10-08-2019, 19:46   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sounds to me like the hdd is dodgy. If I were you I would reattach it to your pc and run check disk and see what it comes up with.

If using the /R switch it is unecessary to also do the /F.

/F checks the file integrity and file structure, /R checks file integrity, file structure and free disc space.

https://askleo.com/chkdsk_what_is_it...w_do_i_run_it/
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 19:53   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Thanks, good to know.
Old 11-08-2019, 17:05   #8
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:

Did that. Comes back fine.
Old 11-08-2019, 17:32   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

The only other thing then is if there is an issue with the OS on the box but the software update would have fixed that. Given that this isn't a minor niggle and something which is pretty rendering the thing unusable the only other thing I can suggest is doing a factory reset and putting it back to how it was out of the box when it was working.
Old 12-08-2019, 16:43   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
the only other thing I can suggest is doing a factory reset and putting it back to how it was out of the box when it was working.
That will be my next step