Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 09-04-2021, 10:42   #5386
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
you’re appealing for your filmic universe to be internally consistent, which is no bad thing.
hallelujah

Quote:
You like to have the rules of the universe spelled out and then you like your characters to be seen to be obeying them. You even have a name for it, you call it your “realism factor”.
exactly. Whatever the genre and story, I accept the world/universe for what it is (like I said above, I have no problem with monsters existing and fighting one another) and as such, if an event happens which contradicts those established rules then I have a problem with it because as far as I am concerned it is unrealistic for the universe which has just been described to us.. This is why I don't have a problem with The Expanse. It is absolute perfection and I can't think of a single thing I have seen in any ep which has hit my realism factor (feel free to correct me).
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2021, 10:51   #5387
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Believe it or not I’ve not been following The Expanse ... me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode, especially with three kids still wandering round the house in the evening.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 20:33   #5388
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode
that was a unique event. I can't recommend The Expanse enough. You don't need to wait until you get bored and need a new series to watch, The Expanse is that good that you can drop everything you are watching now and switch to The Expanse. It is a bit higgledy-piggledy to start off with like GoT was but by episode 5 you are well into it and it just gets better and better all the time. If you enjoy serious scifi like Star Trek, BSG and B5 then you'll love The Expanse. There isn't any nudity in it because there is realistic action and blood when necessary.
Old 09-04-2021, 22:31   #5389
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that was a unique event. I can't recommend The Expanse enough. You don't need to wait until you get bored and need a new series to watch, The Expanse is that good that you can drop everything you are watching now and switch to The Expanse. It is a bit higgledy-piggledy to start off with like GoT was but by episode 5 you are well into it and it just gets better and better all the time. If you enjoy serious scifi like Star Trek, BSG and B5 then you'll love The Expanse. There isn't any nudity in it because there is realistic action and blood when necessary.
Prefer Blake's 7 myself. Yes, all the planets are like quarries, but have you seen the pics from Mars?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 00:48   #5390
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Thunder Force due to all the soaps being cancelled for something of no interest to me . It was ok funny in parts

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Quote:
Believe it or not I’ve not been following The Expanse ... me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode, especially with three kids still wandering round the house in the evening.
rushes to Amazon to watch the first episode hehehe
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:04   #5391
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you’re going going to object to Kong vs Godzilla, can it at least be for the Square-Cube Law?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 09:45   #5392
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched STAR TREK GENERATIONS (1994) on VHS (Recorded from analogue cable (Cinemax))

I give it I guess it 7/10 (Last STAR TREK movie I like)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 09:58   #5393
General Maximus
Ran Away

I can still remember going to see that at the cinema with my family and going for a curry afterwards
Old 15-04-2021, 10:01   #5394
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It’s an odd-numbered Star Trek film.
Old 15-04-2021, 10:11   #5395
General Maximus
Ran Away

Still loved it
Old 15-04-2021, 12:49   #5396
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Generations was terrible.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 20:07   #5397
General Maximus
Ran Away

I thought it was great, not as good as First Contact but still very good.
Old 17-04-2021, 23:03   #5398
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Anyhoo ... middle child suddenly decided to be ‘in’ to Marvel, when all her pals on social media started raving about Wandavision. So she’s watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier with us on Fridays now (and her Disney+ profile pic is Sebastian Stan all of a sudden ) ... and she’s been following the Disney+ MCU Timeline Order menu. So we’ve been going through the whole lot for a few weeks now, and tonight we watched Ant Man and the Wasp. We’re going to finish with an Avengers double feature binge tomorrow.

I’m a big Marvel fan and I think the MCU films just keep getting better. AMATW is great fun.
Old 18-04-2021, 10:49   #5399
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Anyhoo ... middle child suddenly decided to be ‘in’ to Marvel, when all her pals on social media started raving about Wandavision. So she’s watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier with us on Fridays now (and her Disney+ profile pic is Sebastian Stan all of a sudden ) ... and she’s been following the Disney+ MCU Timeline Order menu. So we’ve been going through the whole lot for a few weeks now, and tonight we watched Ant Man and the Wasp. We’re going to finish with an Avengers double feature binge tomorrow.

I’m a big Marvel fan and I think the MCU films just keep getting better. AMATW is great fun.
I don’t think there is a bad marvel film. Some are better than others but there isn’t a “bad” one.

Doesn’t the Current Marvel arc finish with Spider-Man far from home? Or is that the first of the new arc?
Old 18-04-2021, 11:08   #5400
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

They decided to place Far From Home at the end of Phase 3 because although it comes right after Endgame, it deals with Peter Parker’s grief over losing Tony Stark, who had become a mentor to him. So in a sense it’s carrying the implications of Endgame to their conclusion.

I’ve not actually got round to seeing it yet though ... annoyingly because of the rights mash up with Sony, Marvel-Disney can make the films but they can’t include them on Disney+.