Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM trying to collect old Telewest debt.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

VM trying to collect old Telewest debt.

Old 21-03-2021, 20:26   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: VM trying to collect old Telewest debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Who is "he" or who is "someone"? For all we know, it's someone you've just made up.
That's none of your business, but giving you their name wouldn't satisfy your ridiculous assertation anyway..

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
A link would be most helpful
Not everything has something that can be linked to, or if it has, one that would provide any additional information or prove anthing one way or the other. Most posts are based on hearsay regarding the poster themselves, friends, family, neighbours etc

The salient point of this thread is to ascertain if this practice is widespread by VM (or any other company) but it doesn't seem to be as nobody has mentioned thus far that it has happened to them or someone they know. This pleases me immensely.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2021, 21:20   #17
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That's none of your business, but giving you their name wouldn't satisfy your ridiculous assertation anyway..

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Not everything has something that can be linked to, or if it has, one that would provide any additional information or prove anthing one way or the other. Most posts are based on hearsay regarding the poster themselves, friends, family, neighbours etc

The salient point of this thread is to ascertain if this practice is widespread by VM (or any other company) but it doesn't seem to be as nobody has mentioned thus far that it has happened to them or someone they know. This pleases me immensely.
If its none of my business then why are you posting it on a public forum? What, that I think you could be making it up? I don't think that's ridiculous considering.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 21:48   #18
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If its none of my business then why are you posting it on a public forum? What, that I think you could be making it up? I don't think that's ridiculous considering.
Touché.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 22:46   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It's already been explained why I have posted about this. I know that you like to ask questions about things that have been clearly explained to you over and over again; try reading and digesting things instead.

The persons name is irrelevant and remains none of your business, but it's not about this is it? It's a further example of you stirring things up.

To clarify, I didn't 'make it up' as you put it. Adults don't tend to do that sort of thing, not that I would expect you to understand.

This conversation is now closed.

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Touché.
And the same goes for you.
Old 21-03-2021, 23:10   #20
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It's already been explained why I have posted about this. I know that you like to ask questions about things that have been clearly explained to you over and over again; try reading and digesting things instead.

The persons name is irrelevant and remains none of your business, but it's not about this is it? It's a further example of you stirring things up.

To clarify, I didn't 'make it up' as you put it. Adults don't tend to do that sort of thing, not that I would expect you to understand.

This conversation is now closed.

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

And the same goes for you.
You don't get to close conversations Richard. You get to ignore me if you so wish though.

It remains my business if I want to know as you're posting on a public forum. You can choose not to tell me, that's fine.

Adults lie all the time, not sure where you've picked up they don't tend to lie.

All this over a simple question, bit ridiculous Richard.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 10:42   #21
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Im not buying this, the debt information will still be available if it is this old. The current database goes beyond 20 years for old accounts in ex-Telewest areas. Ex-NTL is a different story as they used a combination of different billing systems (SABS, ICMS) before they were migrated to ICOMS but Telewest has always used this platform. Birmingham cable/Yorkshire Cable group was the exception as they used Cablemaster but that was migrated some 15 years ago and the historical data was transferred as well.

Im also not sure why this person has written to someone in Scotland the billing and collections team are in Bradford, used to be in Birmingham... the only offices in Scotland are technical and the outsourced customer care centres in Lanarkshire/Glasgow.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 13:32   #22
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

And Bytel was used in a lot of the C&W Comms areas (ex-Jones Cable in Leeds/Harrogate & Watford, Peterborough Cable, Norwich Cable, Encom in Docklands)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 21:20   #23
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I doubt this story If I'm honest is debt not statute barred after six years? meaning they can't pursue you for the debt. Just another wild story from Mr Coulter.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 22:08   #24
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
I doubt this story If I'm honest is debt not statute barred after six years? meaning they can't pursue you for the debt. Just another wild story from Mr Coulter.
A debt that is statue barred can still be pursued, just not through the legal system.
I can't say I blame VM for wanting a debt paid before allowing a customer to sign up again, regardless of how old the debt is.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 02:19   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If you read the full thread you will see the answer to your question. You haven't provided any examples to back up your last remark, so it must be assumed you are just talking crap again to try & stir things up.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
A debt that is statue barred can still be pursued, just not through the legal system.
I can't say I blame VM for wanting a debt paid before allowing a customer to sign up again, regardless of how old the debt is.
Exactly. It's a shame that others don't get their facts right before trying to be clever as it just makes them look stupid.
Old 28-03-2021, 15:13   #26
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Quote:
Exactly. It's a shame that others don't get their facts right before trying to be clever as it just makes them look stupid.
You've changed your tune since the original first post
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 17:01   #27
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Richard you post these daft stories all the time to digital spy also.. always revolving round virgin media and how bad they are.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 19:08   #28
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Richard you post these daft stories all the time to digital spy also.. always revolving round virgin media and how bad they are.
It is a typical "Richard" thread where he is "Told" something, believes it and presents nothing to back it up. When challenged resorts to...

Quote:
If you read the full thread you will see the answer to your question. You haven't provided any examples to back up your last remark, so it must be assumed you are just talking crap again to try & stir things up.
Accusing someone of not providing examples when he himself hasn't is rediculous.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-03-2021 at 19:28.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 20:34   #29
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
You've changed your tune since the original first post
What are you trying to say, I don't understand.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Quote:
Most of my posts don't involve VM and those that do have links where possible. It's hardly surprising that contemporary posts reflect how bad this company has become since LG got their hands on it. There are numerous other people & organisations saying the same thing, including Ofcom.

I don't recall any being "daft".

This thread isn't about me, but the subject in hand.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It is a typical "Richard" thread where he is "Told" something, believes it and presents nothing to back it up. When challenged resorts to...

Accusing someone of not providing examples when he himself hasn't is rediculous.
Nonsense. I was told this & wanted to clarify whether it was true or not. It has been explained why no evidence was provided.

I expect any accusations towards other members to include links to the alleged posts giving rise to the accusation.

This thread is not about me, but the subject in hand. You are free to put me on ignore.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 28-03-2021 at 20:41.
Old 29-03-2021, 19:53   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Richard you do seem to have record of posting " moans" regarding virgin media . With filmsy "links" to say the least . I really fail to understand why you wish to have anything to do with them. As they clearly causing you and your "friends" great troubles why do you not give them up as a bad job ? . It really is time for you to move on . Unless ...........

"This thread isn't about me, but the subject in hand"

the tone of your posts make it seem that it is :

Last edited by Itshim; 29-03-2021 at 19:57.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote