Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 17-04-2021, 20:51   #6751
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Sorry! Moda Furnishings based in Manchester.
Manchester's your least favourite city? Have you never been to Birmingham?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2021, 21:09   #6752
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 21:43   #6753
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Been to Birmingham a couple of times and it's OK. We used to get the Brummy girl at work to say "Is there a Debenhams in Birmingham?", we would be laughing for hours!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)
Something like that, but nothing to do with football. Nearly took a job with Highways England there a couple of years ago - really don't know what I was thinking!!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 22:15   #6754
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)
It's also a Liverpool thing, having lived in both cities for long periods I suspect I know where the "least favourite" label is strongest

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:
I'd have to agree with that, trumps Manchester for me which actually isn't too bad in parts. Birmingham seemed devoid of all atmosphere.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 01:29   #6755
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)
I have noticed when people have said that Leeds are playing them that they say that Leeds are playing ****. I've only been in Leeds 4 years though and I never heard them called **** before Leeds got in the Prem.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 10:36   #6756
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I have noticed when people have said that Leeds are playing them that they say that Leeds are playing ****. I've only been in Leeds 4 years though and I never heard them called **** before Leeds got in the Prem.
My reason for disliking the place was for many years I had to go regularly for meetings and normally felt quite travel sick after being thrown about on a lovely pacer train. For some reason the journey back was never that bad (maybe it was the few beers before we set off back??). Feeling quite queasy thinking about it!!!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 11:04   #6757
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I first heard it in the 80’s, when I moved to Leeds.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 12:18   #6758
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
People who put you on speaker when you call them.

Boils my blood. If you’re doing something when I call you that requires your attention just tell me, and I’ll call back when you can hold your phone to your ear like a normal human.

For me, it's the people doing that walking down the street.

I can hear the person on the phone louder that the person holding it, mid you wearing a mask you can get away with calling them a bell end and turn of the poxy speaker
Old 22-04-2021, 14:45   #6759
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Went to Doctors surgery yesterday for blood pressure checks (high) with the nurse.

When I left the nurse I approached the reception to make an appointment to see a doctor (unrelated issue) . . . easy you'd think eh, seeing as I'm already there.

Oh no, not on your bloody life.

"Due to Covid, we try to keep the reception and waiting room (empty at the time) as clear as possible to reduce the risks of infection. You have to ring at 8am and we can then take the details and pass them on to a Doctor"

I don't understand for the life of me why my blood pressure is high
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2021, 15:10   #6760
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Went to Doctors surgery yesterday for blood pressure checks (high) with the nurse.

When I left the nurse I approached the reception to make an appointment to see a doctor (unrelated issue) . . . easy you'd think eh, seeing as I'm already there.

"Due to Covid, we try to keep the reception and waiting room (empty at the time) as clear as possible to reduce the risks of infection. You have to ring at 8am and we can then take the details and pass them on to a Doctor"

Stress?

I went for an annual Blood Pressure check on Tuesday at my new practice. Always been fun watching the reaction when my White Coat Syndrome kicks off. Turned out, due to social distancing and covid + safety measures, I had to do it myself using an arm cuff and the extra stress gave me stratospheric readings, after 3 attempts I managed to bring the figure down to 135 /90.

Back again tomorrow to see the Dr just hope he reads my notes before I get there and takes into account my daily readings done at home with my calibrated BP monitor.
Old 22-04-2021, 15:12   #6761
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post

I had to phone my doctor's surgery at 8am, I phoned at 8am exactly, the message said closed, phoned straight back still closed, again phoned back 8th in the queue, only to hear the dire hold music that will turn a sane man homicidal
Old 13-05-2021, 10:22   #6762
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them.Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...
Old 13-05-2021, 11:30   #6763
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them.Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...
Maybe having a dinner party and inviting Uri Geller wasn’t a good idea
Old 14-05-2021, 10:23   #6764
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Maybe having a dinner party and inviting Uri Geller wasn’t a good idea
No a great big shouty,shout somehow induced a great finding of cutlery.
Old 14-05-2021, 11:20   #6765
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them. Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...

I know what you mean, I cannot find 2 fancyish teaspoons.

I have about 8 that I got from work. I used one and kept it with my mug and would take home with the mug to was, and forgot Monday morning to take back.