Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording Series Link

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Recording Series Link

Old 12-04-2021, 17:58   #1
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 has a spectacular aura about thembeaker17 has a spectacular aura about thembeaker17 has a spectacular aura about thembeaker17 has a spectacular aura about them
Recording Series Link

When a Series Link is selected, I often see the program listed on the channel menu but it does not record it.

Why is this ?
Old 12-04-2021, 18:59   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Recording Series Link

A few possible reasons:
  • It has already recorded that episode in the past 28 days
  • The Series Link is marked as "New only" but it's a repeat episode
  • The Series Link is set for a single channel but you are looking at a different episode
  • Probably several other reasons I haven't thought of

Look in Recording Hiccups - it might tell you why it didn't record something. Or post some details of the series link settings, and that should make it a bit clearer.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 21:10   #3
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I've never seen a Series Link+ fail except when the guide data has been wrong.

As said - post details of the programme and times and it can be checked.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 21:14   #4
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Try Home -> My Shows & Recordings -> Recording Hiccups, and see what's there for a possible explanation.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2021, 17:18   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
When a Series Link is selected, I often see the program listed on the channel menu but it does not record it.

Why is this ?
I'm with spiderplant here - this was a concept I struggled with when I changed from V+ to TiVo originally.

TiVo series links are not timeslot specific, they will look for the first available showing of each particular episode. So you could be setting a latter showing to record, and your TiVo/V6 is then recording an earlier episode.

Do you have any specific examples?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote