Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 20-05-2015, 21:34   #511
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

No issues with Chrome here, i guess you're not on the new build yet?
Old 20-05-2015, 21:46   #512
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

This build is truly awful

only plus side this time all the older .net are installed from scratch
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 22:21   #513
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes I wish I hadn't upgraded, I mean how could they even mess up the start menu with user added win32 apps and folders?
Old 20-05-2015, 22:23   #514
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

clean installed it here so far so good
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 23:02   #515
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes I wish I hadn't upgraded, I mean how could they even mess up the start menu with user added win32 apps and folders?
dunno but they have managed. I upgraded lots went wrong so used recovery to get the system to clean install still poop

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

It wont let me install DirectX legacy for older games throws up an error. It may not need it but I have not looked yet

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

tried to run it without codecs epic fail. No video playback of mkv and even web video failed.
Old 20-05-2015, 23:15   #516
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Think I chose a bad version to install lol. Hoping the update whenever it comes to my laptop gets things moving in the right direction.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 17:05   #517
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next build, i hope it fixes all our niggles with this 1.
Old 21-05-2015, 17:20   #518
Carlos Carboni

I un-installed mine, the screen was too dark on full brightness as I could not find drivers for the intel video, just the generic ones
Old 21-05-2015, 17:47   #519
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Working fine here i just expected a few more refinements over build 10074, and didn't expect them to make the start menu go pear shaped with win32 apps and folders, they must have seen that but still released it without warning us, unless not everyone has it.
Old 22-05-2015, 18:49   #520
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Possible more new icons enroute as i noticed in this pic from build 10125, i think they maybe different to Windows 7 but not 100% sure?

http://wzor.net/40893.html

Update list for this build: http://wzor.net/40484.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 242609_original.jpg (73.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 22-05-2015, 19:08   #521
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

AMD release new Windows 10 drivers check WU for for them.
Old 22-05-2015, 21:04   #522
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

A few new desktop icons, me likey very much if they go with these.

Source: https://twitter.com/wzornet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.jpg (55.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.jpg (53.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 22-05-2015, 21:08   #523
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
AMD release new Windows 10 drivers check WU for for them.
HDMI audio works with them but the Start Screen sometimes opens empty now still very broken
Old 22-05-2015, 22:53   #524
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Looking awesome in my opinion.

Old 23-05-2015, 09:14   #525
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

I just upgraded to build 10122.

Well, after having the thing BSOD and roll back a few times because F-Secure (I decided to try the 1 yr free from VM last month) just hated it so had to uninstall it to get the build updated.

Looks good and better news for me the Start Menu is back working, yey! F-Secure will not install at all now, but no big deal.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote