Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the Pink Floyd albums you have

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Rate the Pink Floyd albums you have

Old 15-05-2018, 23:15   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I have them all on record so Ill start

1) Piper at the gates of dawn - 10/10 (1967)
I think this is thier BEST ever album and its sad SYD had a break down and they felt they had to let him go.......

2) Meddle - 10/10 (1971)
Another good album

3) Dark side of the moon - 10/10 (1973)
Excellent!

4) Wish you were here - 10/10 (1975)
Excellent!

5) Animals - 10/10 - (1977)
Excellent

6) The Wall - 10/10 (1979)
Excellent

7) Final Cut (1982) - I had this album but got rid of it .. 2/10

COMPLETE CRAP!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2018, 00:25   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the Pink Floyd albums you have

This is easy - I have NONE.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:30   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Dark side of the Moon for me Dude.
Old 16-05-2018, 10:37   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

1. Piper at the gates of dawn - 8/10 (1967)

This is where we get the first taste of the long instrumentals and stereo effects particularly in the track: "Interstellar Overdrive"

Also has the short version of "Astronomy Domine" Which is presented in it's developed form on Ummagumma.

2. Ummagumma - 10/10 (1969) Twin Album: First disk recorded Live at Mothers, Birmingham.

Track: Careful with that axe, Eugene. THAT Scream!

Second Disk: Studio album.

Track: "The narrow way"

3. Meddle - 9/10 (1971)

Track: "Echoes"

4. Obscured by clouds. 6/10 (1972) Music from the film "La Vallée"

Not typical Floyd. Track: "Wot's ...uh the deal"

5. Dark side of the moon - 9/10 (1973)

I have the relatively rare SQ (Quadraphonic) encoded disk and the air crash is just amazing: The plane comes in from the rear speakers, flies overhead and then crashes right in front of you, then the sound echoes round to the rear again. Superb!

Track: "Any colour you like"

6. Wish you were here - 10/10 (1975)

Track: "Shine on you crazy diamond" plus the reprise on side two.

After that I didn't much like the wall and later works.

Trivia: A sample of instrumental part of Shine on you crazy diamond appears on the album Belief by Innocence, track: Natural Thing.
Old 16-05-2018, 10:48   #5
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I have the relatively rare SQ (Quadraphonic) encoded disk and the air crash is just amazing: The plane comes in from the rear speakers, flies overhead and then crashes right in front of you, then the sound echoes round to the rear again. Superb!
I have that version too, the track 'Money' with the ka-ching coming out of alternating speakers really works well.
Old 29-08-2018, 15:42   #6
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
The 8 track of "Dark side of the moon" has the song MONEY and TIME split!! -- I dunno why they didnt make the track longer so they didnt have to do that!

I found a special reg release that DID NOT SPLIT ANYTHING but the pad was no good and when I tried to open the cartridge it fell apart...... I am looking for another but havent found one yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
This is easy - I have NONE.
Hmmm I havent heard that album is it good mate??

Old 29-08-2018, 16:26   #7
Lutherf
cf.member

Lutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enough

DSOTM was the most coordinated of their albums and came with the best "swag". I mean you not only got the record but you got posters and stickers too!

Piper was their most creative but it was a little disjointed. "Take up thy Stethoscope and Walk", for example, was at the other end of the spectrum from "Interstellar Overdrive". "Bike" was off the spectrum.

Wish is probably my overall favorite album. The wrap up to "Have a Cigar" was pure genius and "Shine..." is one of the best tracks ever put to vinyl.

While not an album, "Live at Pompeii" is quintessential Pink Floyd.
Lutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:36   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yes i have that on VHS
Old 31-08-2018, 02:35   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes i have that on VHS
Why am I not surprised

Since I (still) dont have any, I still cannot rate them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 03:40   #10
Lutherf
cf.member

Lutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enough

Ah! I didn't realize this was "all the Pink Floyd albums" you have.

Ummagumma has some sparkling moments and I love the album cover.
Meddle...I lost many a brain cell due to that album
Animals is a fine album but probably my least favorite of the "themed" albums
The Wall is an outstanding album but a little on the commercial side
The Final Cut rarely hits my turntable and hasn't since the day I bought it
Relics - a compilation of some of the band's early stuff. Not bad but why not listen to the albums where the song was released?
Obscured by Clouds - "Free Four" is a guilty pleasure as is "Wot's uh the deal"
Lutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 17:30   #11
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Why am I not surprised
Its really a beautiful little concert....... They play in an outdoor auditorium........
Old 24-09-2018, 20:45   #12
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Dark Side of the Moon... followed by Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell.

Play them all LOUD....

Brit Floyd are ruddy excellent if not better than the originals for a live performance.. you must see of look on youtube first.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote