Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Old 18-08-2020, 17:19   #61
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Surprisingly it worked for me. These things usually don't.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2020, 17:21   #62
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is the problem though as l tried that and it will not do it despite me filling in my details.
Worked fine a few seconds ago
Old 18-08-2020, 17:52   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Worked fine a few seconds ago
Nope it still does not work for me.
Old 19-08-2020, 12:12   #64
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The new box does not record to the Cloud. It has a 1TB HDD which the mini boxes share.
Totally inadequate - needs to be at least 2Tb. I have 2 V6 boxes (as many others do) and this is often a push - to halve my recording space is unacceptable.

Seriously, I will be looking at reverting back to sky when my contract ends.

Incidentally, I received an email this morning stating my monthly charge will shortly be rising to over £130pm (do they think I'm made of money?)

Scroll down the email it says the same is available to new customers for £80pm for an 18 month contract!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 13:27   #65
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Totally inadequate - needs to be at least 2Tb. I have 2 V6 boxes (as many others do) and this is often a push - to halve my recording space is unacceptable.

Incidentally, I received an email this morning stating my monthly charge will shortly be rising to over £130pm (do they think I'm made of money?)

Scroll down the email it says the same is available to new customers for £80pm for an 18 month contract!
So what was the ofcom ruling about
Old 19-08-2020, 13:31   #66
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The problem happens when l try to submit my details at the end.
Yes but what do you mean by that: does an error message come up, does the 'Submit' button not work for you?

It's just a simple form, a tick box and one click of a button so it's odd that it won't work for you but does for others.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 19-08-2020 at 15:11. Reason: Typo
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 13:38   #67
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
So what was the ofcom ruling about
ofcom ruling??
Old 19-08-2020, 14:45   #68
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

The Ofcom ruling, if I recall correctly, simply requires companies to advise customers of the end of their minimum contract period and some representative prices of similar bundles. It does not require companies to offer existing, renewing customers the same deals as new customers.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 15:17   #69
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The Ofcom ruling, if I recall correctly, simply requires companies to advise customers of the end of their minimum contract period and some representative prices of similar bundles. It does not require companies to offer existing, renewing customers the same deals as new customers.
I didn't say it did - but £50 off is a huge discount, it doesn't encourage one to stay.
Old 19-08-2020, 15:19   #70
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I didn't say it did - but £50 off is a huge discount, it doesn't encourage one to stay.
It certainly is a huge discount - one YOU have benefitted from.
Old 19-08-2020, 17:00   #71
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Surely you agreed to a contract that stated the price would rise to that amount? I'm not sure how it comes as a surprise to anyone, that's how much the package costs.

Am I being stupid? Why would it half your recording space?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 17:22   #72
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

The reference to halving recording space is if 2xV6 are replaced with a Horizon box and a mini.
Old 19-08-2020, 17:48   #73
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
The reference to halving recording space is if 2xV6 are replaced with a Horizon box and a mini.
I doubt that would happen, the bundles or your contract is two V6 boxes. I'm not sure they would take something away for something inferior.
Old 19-08-2020, 22:48   #74
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It certainly is a huge discount - one YOU have benefitted from.

Untrue - when I joined Virgin my discount was nothing like £50 compared to my second year.

Any facts to back up your post?

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Surely you agreed to a contract that stated the price would rise to that amount? I'm not sure how it comes as a surprise to anyone, that's how much the package costs.

Am I being stupid? Why would it half your recording space?
Yes, I explained that if you actually read my post
Old 19-08-2020, 23:09   #75
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Untrue - when I joined Virgin my discount was nothing like £50 compared to my second year.

Any facts to back up your post?

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Yes, I explained that if you actually read my post
I have, I fail to understand how it would halve your recording space?